How many newbies coming hear after seeing Wanted Down Under ???

Chardy

Guest liverpoolollie
Being a bit nosy and just wondering how many people are loking on PIO after watching Wanted Down Under ? We are glad to help you all if we can ! :wink:

hi chardy.

i have watched wanted down under for years now and tbh i omly take a little bit of notice to it.i,m not expecting the beach life and all that pipe dream stuff ,but at least the show gives you an insight into other peoples situations.

so for me ,no wdu is not a major factor .

did you go because of watching it?

regards liverpoolollie

It's not my cause for making the move either, just watch for the scenery although the house price stuff has been useful..................................oh and I apologise for the shocking spelling mistake in the title, can't change it now :embarrassed::ssign2:

Guest liverpoolollie
It's not my cause for making the move either, just watch for the scenery although the house price stuff has been useful..................................oh and I apologise for the shocking spelling mistake in the title, can't change it now :embarrassed::ssign2:

hear hear :)

Guest claire and paul

Hi Chardy, this is my first post so bear with me!! We have been considering moving to oz for 4yrs, so have watched the programme a lot and it has been helpfull as we have never been to oz....We have finally made the decision and are planning to make the move! We are both nurses and have two children 4 and 2, were debating comming on a working visa or getting our citizenship first, what would you recommend? Thanks Claire

tv as a medium should always be taken with a pinch of salt. when i watched wdu right to the end i expected it to be made by an ozzie company on behalf of the government, however its made in the uk.

it does seem to paint a pretty rosy picture on the whole though.

SA in, Visa nearly ready hehe :)

Hi Chardy, this is my first post so bear with me!! We have been considering moving to oz for 4yrs, so have watched the programme a lot and it has been helpfull as we have never been to oz....We have finally made the decision and are planning to make the move! We are both nurses and have two children 4 and 2, were debating comming on a working visa or getting our citizenship first, what would you recommend? Thanks Claire

Hi Claire and welcome.

WDU does tend to put rose tinted glasses on us all so bear that in mind perhaps.

I'd say given your professions a working visa might work for you but I am no expert !

I could be wrong but you can only apply for citizenship after 4 years of permanent residence..................or did you mean something else ?

Good luck.

We watch it every day and as someone else states wouldnt base out move on the programme alone but i love seeing the cost of houses and the scenery. We have applied to be on the programme so we can go see Brisbane as thats where we are applying to for state sponsortship. Doesnt seem to show a lot of Brisbane so who knows we might be lucky.

Hi there, this is my first post too. I have watched wanted down under for years and never really thought about it but then all of a sudden we have thought - it's time for a change, my husband has got family over in Queensland and they said they loved it over there.

Unfortunately because my husband hasn't worked in his trade for over 3 years we are having to find other ways of getting there. We're both very excited though and can't wait.

:ssign6:

Hi Chardy

my family were on WDU it was originally on in feb 2009 and has been on (much to my embarassment)several times since. We were the one and only family that went to Tasmania the programme does show places through rose tinted glasses but when filming its really hard its was 8-5 every day the best part was after we had finished we rented a camper van for 3 weeks and saw the island and got a much better feel for the place. Since returning the to uk i have had another baby which put things on hold but we are due to fly out in june 2012.

Cass:biggrin: