moving to perth!

gingermelon22

hi all,

my name is tracey and im irish:).i am currently living in cork in ireland but i am moving to perth in april.i am making the move on my own and have to admit that the thoughts of it scares me a little.i would love to chat to people in the same situation as myself and hopefully make new and interesting friends.

hope to chat soon xx:biggrin:

Guest leynaharrison

Hey Tracey,

I'm Leyna, currently living in a tiny town about 3 hrs drive from Perth. Not much goes on down here! (A lot different from my hometown of Leeds!!)

Would be great to meet up next time I'm in Perth! It's great you're doing the move on your own, you coming over for a job or travel??

Hope to chat soon! x

hi ya leyna,

really pretty name by the way:) cheers for the reply.im going to work well thats the plan anyway ha ha.little nervous bout doing it in my own.i was in oz back in 2007 with my ex travelling, we had a great time and i loved perth, great city loads to do and see.

its a big move and some days i think i must be crazy but life is 2 short to have regrets and if it dosent work out at least i can always say that i gave it a go.

so where is it you are exactly? of course wel meet up that would be great:)

Guest leynaharrison

Awesome! I'm in a place called Kulin which is approx 350Km SE of Perth, about an hour from Wave Rock, if you've heard of that!

.. Your totally right about life been too short.. You've just gotta go for these things or ya just never know, it's deffo not crazy :notworthy:

It's a great place and I've found while I've been here, people are so friendly which helps..

Coolio, well keep in touch and let me know if you need names of any Job Agencies!!

Talk soon x

Hi Tracey, I am moving end of March to Perth ( the aim is to arrive for Paddy's Day!! ). I am from Dublin will be moving with Hubby and Bulldog Betty:-) I will be a FIFO wife so alone most of the time! It's an exciting time for us all after nearly 4 years based in the middle east!

When I get a local number I will send it to you for when you arrive.

David, it wasn't easy to say the least he was let down twice by a company after the offer due to projects being shelved. We were just about to apply for a PR visa ourselves when this came up so now heading over on a 457. You just have to be patient which I know is the worst thing to hear when you just want to get there. What job are you looking for?

David mentioned it the hubby he is not sure how the recruitment works for ground staff but he has said when he is there he will find out for you and maybe point you in the right direction:-) He has registered on here last night will have to find out his username still:-) Have you looked at the company websites sometimes they will have a recruitment day in the UK? And I think that Leightons have opened a recruitment office for OZ in London:-)

hi all,

my name is tracey and im irish:).i am currently living in cork in ireland but i am moving to perth in april.i am making the move on my own and have to admit that the thoughts of it scares me a little.i would love to chat to people in the same situation as myself and hopefully make new and interesting friends.

hope to chat soon xx:biggrin:

Hi Tracey,

Perth can be rather hard for a single as is a rather family orientated sort of place. We live in the inner city so feel free to send a post if you would like to meet for a coffee after arrival.