Arimdale

Guest Philwillo

Guest Philwillo

Hi all, it's my first post on here and hopefully it will help me prepare for my move down under. I'm a plumbing a d heating engineer by trade and have gone through the long process of getting my visa. It allows me to work and stay in Australia for indefinite. I'm 21 years of age and feel that this is the right choice..I have passed my trade assessment, medical, police check etc and should have it all finalized within the next week. Just want to know if anyone has been to Armidale and, if so, what do you think about it? Most people tell me that plumbers can make a fortune but at the end of the day im after quality of life which, in my opinion the uk just cannot offer. Anyone know of the current work load out there etc? Any any advice would be much appreciated.

I laughed out loud reading this. I come from Armidale. My Dad is a plumber (RETIRED) in Armidale andmy brothers name is Phil Williams. Please tell me that is not your name as it is way to weird!!!

You had better pm me and I can give you my brothers details to catch up with him for a beer. I can also give you my Dad's details and he can probably gicce you the load down on all of that. I am... well old enough to be your mother ... but I remember my Dad was pretty much always in work.There are a fair few plumbers in Armidale but it is growing and developing . Armidale is full of young peeople and has some great pubs. I think you will have a great time there. It is commutable for weekends down the coast and has the airport for the odd foray into the big smoke. I wish you bloody well mate.