Advice on moving to Perth

Guest milly64

Guest milly64

Need advice'

Hi all, I've been offered a job with my company in Perth , and i will be moving with my wife and 3 boys , anyone got advise in which areas to stay and schools .

My wife is concerned about meeting new friends and the cost of living any advice would be appreicated

Thanks

Garry

Need advice'

Hi all, I've been offered a job with my company in Perth , and i will be moving with my wife and 3 boys , anyone got advise in which areas to stay and schools .

My wife is concerned about meeting new friends and the cost of living any advice would be appreicated

Thanks

Garry

Hey mate it is a bit of a tricky one because there are so many areas in and around Perth. Its worth you doing a reccie before you start working to check out the areas as a family. You will want to be a short commute from your job but family needs to be happy too.

We are also heading out once visas are finalised and although we have trawled the net and spoken to people on here we think our best bet will be to do a reccie once there You may want to check out the sister site at http://www.perthpoms.com lots of info on there to give you an idea.

Guest milly64

Thanks for the advice. i will be working in Bibra lake also going offshore. I have been looking in the rockingham and fremantle area. I have just joined perthpoms. thanks again

The guy above is right. whatever you think is on the internet is not the case when you get there. Its livable but I'd say not as good as the UK for things to do. But do a few years there and then come back with some cash etc...

Its very expensive and you will have to pay a real premium to get a nice place. Basically be prepaired to start again like when you were first renting and trying to get on the property ladder. You wont be comfortable like in the UK straight away, it may take a number of years.

That said to me that is the challenge.........

Guest ericaandalan

Pack your bags and get over here, you don't know how lucky you are being offered a job already and waiting for you... It's the best move you will ever make, especially for the kids... We came 10 months ago and we literally came with 10 boxes shipped, a couple of suitcases , a visa and 3 grand to our name..... Yes we were scared, yes it's expensive, and yes it's hot.... But damm what a life.... We have a great life eat out all the time and have still managed to save a deposit for our own house... We start building any day now ... Very excited..... We live in joondalup and building in ellenbrook( both north of the river ) great towns. I would say avoid rockingham