Mudgee

RVN

I went there on holiday with a friend of mine a long time ago.

I remember this:

It was hot, there was a caravan park (we were camping) and the park was within walking distance of the pub and shops.

We went on a wine tour and the guys were fab fun and I discovered some nice wine, but unfortunately drank too much to remember what it was afterwards....

I've spent a few weekends there so I've also only seen it from a visitor's perspective.

It's a prosperous small town. Very attractive position, nestled in a picturesque valley. Nice little town centre with everything you need and friendly locals. Lots of wineries in the area, which means decent restaurants, cafes and a few bars to cater for the tourists. Has the usual swag of B&Bs, upmarket guesthouses etc. Also has a boutique brewery (I think) and other foodie-related enterprises.

It does get hot in summer - it's inland so it would do. From memory it's about an hour to Dubbo (bit longer to Orange) for shopping for things you can't get in town.

Can't help with what's to do there - except wine-tasting (because that's all we did, too :wink:).