Who told me that Sydney roads were 'staid!!?' I had enough of them today.

MARYROSE02

Surry Hills to Picnic Point 27K via Redfern, St Peters, Sydnenham, Tempe, Earlwood, Kingsgrove, Beverley Hills. Every bloody road was packed with cars and if I wasn't pulling into the left lane to avoid cars turning right I was pulling into the right lane to avoid cars parked on the side, Every set of lights was at red too.

I came back on the M5 which was (unusually) a breeze but thought the Cleveland St exit was closed so went thru the ED and paid an extra $5.50 to come out on William St and turn left and left back into Crown. That was packed too but the market was on in Surry Hills 1st Sat of the month.

And now I'm going out again over to Bondi to see if I can get a free space.

I noticed how busy the roads were today, took me 3 goes to get through the Anzac Bridge/Victoria Road lights and I only started about 10 cars back

I think they adjust them sometimes just to spite us. It's bloody infuriating when only two or three cars go through. No wonder you feel like murder when someone pushes in from another lane and takes the last spot through the lights! Ever since I got my $330 fine and three points at the intersection of Cleveland and South Dowling, I'm in a panic at every intersection.

Cleveland Street was a crawl at 5.45pm last night - thank God nobody had chosen to park because the restrictions only apply on weekdays? Then another crawl up that road past Fox Studios and Centennial Park - can't remember what it's called?

There was a brief bit of euphoria on Syd Einfeld Drive past Bondi Junction before another crawl down Old South Head Road. I still don't have the road plan in my head around the back streets of Bondi. You know the way you can picture all the roads in your head? I don't actually get lost but I never know if I'm coming out on Old South Head Road or Campbell Parade. I need to get a moped out and do 'The Knowledge!'