Hello

Guest guest64081

Guest guest64081

Hello everyone,

I moved over to Sydney in October 2011 with my Australian partner Blair. I'd never been to Australia previously and until I met my oh I'd never had any intentions of coming on a holiday let alone moving here permanently.

Now we have begun our life here and have plans for the future. Leaving my family and friends has been tough at times but the internet makes everything easier and finding friends has made the whole experience less traumatic and more enjoyable.

Coming was a leap of faith based on love and the hope that everything would work out. So far so good :)

Finding other people from the UK is like bringing a piece of home with me, so stumbling upon this website whilst wasting time on the net has been wonderful.

I'm enjoying being here and look forward to settling permanently

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi and welcome to the forum, I am glad it is all working out for you, it will be great having another member from Sydney online as we often get asked questions about suburbs etc and I have no idea.

Hi, We have been in Sydney since November, so not long after you got here!

I came out as husband was transferred out here for work. Like you we had never been out here before and had no burning desire to live out here, but did intend to come on holiday at some stage.

I agree it has been tough leaving family and friends for lots of reasons.

Anyway, enough about us! We are now in Balmain and settling down.

If you are nearby and fancy a chat/coffee then pm me.

Regardless welcome and enjoy!