My first Post...

Scubamjp

Hello Everyone,

I've been viewing the posts for couple of weeks now picking up loads of useful information and advice so well done to everyone for passing on their experiences.

Being currently a UK citizen, my situation is this, i have been offered a senior position within a large IT company in Melbourne who are prepared to sponsor me. From what i gather so far is i need a 457 Visa?? I am just waiting on contract approval from new employer before visa application will commence. Not sure of normal procedure and if my new employer will help with Visa requirements, i guess i will find out before end of the week. But if not and i need to do it at this end in the UK, is it best to use a UK or Oz based agent? Is there any pro's and cons for either, or does anyone think against agents?

Agent or no Agent??

Any advice on which agents to consider and if it might be worth it for me would be much appreciated thank you:-))

a very excited Mike:-))

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Hi and welcome to PIO

We used Gomatilda they were great and come highly recommended on PIO.

Best of luck, not that you need it having an IT job to go to, you lucky devil. Lol

Guest andretta01

Hi there mike,

Welcome to PIO. We went through a agent although we did do a lot of the research ourselves it is all worth it in the end. We recommend AMC Visas to everyone they have helped our family and a lot of our friends, they will go through the best way to do it and will tell you if you eligible and will sort everything out for you. I can not comment on other agencies but I can personally recommend AMC visas. We delt with a gentleman called Daren Goodgiles.

Good luck with it all Andrea and family

Good luck with it all Mike keep in touch Andrea N CLan

Guest shiny21

my husband has been sponsored on a 457 visa and we used an agent that his company used in Australia. If your proposed employer has processed applications before for 457 visa's they may well have this in place requiring you to sit back an scan details asked for by agent. Our experience was a very straightforward process

Good Luck x