• Moneycorp
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Title
      Liked
      94 times
      Rep

Stay where you are??

With all this doom and gloom about, if you have a decent job either in UK or Oz is there any point in moving?? You could be out of the frying pan into the fire. Obviously we all know the unemployment rate in the UK is at a 19 year high but Oz is not immune.

http://www.smh.com.au/business/young...124-1qevx.html

If you have a decent job and can still pay the mortgage off you may want to stay put wherever you maybe.
      Something to think about.

Title
      Platinum Member
      Liked
      946 times
      Rep
      But theres also a lot to be said about "nothing ventured nothing gained".

Title
      Liked
      32 times
      Rep
      I couldn't agree with this post more. As someone who left a perfectly good job and life in the UK to move to OZ, then two years later left what I now see to be an equally good life/job to move back to an awful situation in the UK, if you are happy with what you have it doesn't seem worth it to make the move the way things are at the moment.
      Arrived Adelaide 2009, returned to UK 2011

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      have to agree with that post i was in exact same situation and now hope to move back to Melbourne as soon as possible but it may be 2013 before we can make move

Title
      Liked
      17722 times
      Rep
      Sometimes you have to take a step back to move forward when you move .. I went from being in a senior position in the UK to a junior one here in Aus, applied for the opportunities that arose and worked my way back to a similar position. The reality is that you may not be able to walk right into a like for like job either moving here or returning to the UK
      I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

Title
      Liked
      1 times
      Rep
      Have to say I regret bitterly moving back to Europe had good jobs in Oz been back here in Spain waiting now 6 months to return to Adelaide. love the job there the people and the lifestyle there are just no jobs in the U.K. and certainly not Spain although the sunshine is great !!!!!

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      we only came back dueto cost of housing and the fact i am a Builder that could not build his own house.Been back 120 months just move into our new house which we will sell on in a year to 18 months do the same again and may be then we will be in position to buy out right in Melbourne we hope or at least a affordable mortgage for one wage coming in

Title
      Gone fishing
      Liked
      4965 times
      Rep
      I would not contemplate moving back to UK / Europe at this particular moment in time. But never say never.

Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Liked
      11195 times
      Rep
      It's a gamble and you throw the dice...you might win....you might lose....no one knows.fact

Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Liked
      970 times
      Rep
      I think its about what you want out of life. I would personally prefer to move from a good job in the UK, to a lower job and work up here in Australia because Australia is where we want to be and retire and raise children, however, it is not for everyone.

Its a chance some are willing to take and others are not and some will pay off and some will not, just like life.
      You may also loose your job in the Uk 12 mths down the line. nothing is certain in life. it is up to us in what chances we want to take.
      If you LOVE life in the UK and have a great job, great lifestyle then do not move, expecially if you cannot accept you may find yourself in the opposite position. If however your willing to do whatever it takes and find the lifestyle here is for you and the gamble is worth it, then life is too short to not try.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast