John Mason - small amount of items???

Guest chri5

HI,

We will be shipping a small amount of household items (we currently live in a furnished flat so no sofas beds etc). Basically just kitchen ware, a kitchen trolley, bedding, clothes, TV and computers, books and teacher materials (both are teachers) and a bike. Has anyone used them for this amount? Would they still come and pack it? Kind of hoped that they would do the packing so as not to waste space/damage items etc. Are other companies better for this amount? Any suggestions gratefully received!!

Similar to us - the only furniture we are taking is a rocking horse, a blanket box and tub type chair, all the rest is just the computers, some pots and pans and so on. We got quotes from most of the big companies (unless I accidently left anyone out), they all gave pretty similar quotes (I think only one company really obviously weren't interested by their quote - which is odd as they then kept phoning over and over and over again to see if we wanted to use them - very strange!), and all said it wouldn't make any different to the price if they or we packed, but if we packed it wouldn't be covered by the insurance.

We ended up not taking out their insurance but going with Letton Percivel, who have been super helpful, cheap and easy (unlike the shippers insurance!), and have heard they are similarly easy to deal with if you do need to claim for anything, so fingers crossed there.

Don't know what teacher materials you are taking - I've sold all mine for loads of notes and just taking stuff saved on my pen-drives (quite a bit lol) and will use things like Click Teaching etc if I need other resources once there - I know how bad I am at hoarding resources, but thought seeing as its a completely different system etc it probably wasn't worth keeping it all, and quite glad as I think I've made over 3 figures from it all :)

Yeah, I think they will.they came and gave me a quote. We are in a similar situation. They seemed greT.

Great! Thanks for that! Didn't want to look silly calling for a quote.

Pickfords will do it.... we have had them out for a quote and they were very competitive...

Will check them out too - so many companies so hard to decide!

Similar to us - the only furniture we are taking is a rocking horse, a blanket box and tub type chair, all the rest is just the computers, some pots and pans and so on. We got quotes from most of the big companies (unless I accidently left anyone out), they all gave pretty similar quotes (I think only one company really obviously weren't interested by their quote - which is odd as they then kept phoning over and over and over again to see if we wanted to use them - very strange!), and all said it wouldn't make any different to the price if they or we packed, but if we packed it wouldn't be covered by the insurance.

We ended up not taking out their insurance but going with Letton Percivel, who have been super helpful, cheap and easy (unlike the shippers insurance!), and have heard they are similarly easy to deal with if you do need to claim for anything, so fingers crossed there.

Don't know what teacher materials you are taking - I've sold all mine for loads of notes and just taking stuff saved on my pen-drives (quite a bit lol) and will use things like Click Teaching etc if I need other resources once there - I know how bad I am at hoarding resources, but thought seeing as its a completely different system etc it probably wasn't worth keeping it all, and quite glad as I think I've made over 3 figures from it all :)

Wow! An interesting point. I might have to part with some of my resources - but it will be very hard. I will definitely look into the insurance thing - seems to be a ridiculously high addition in some cases. Thanks for the quick reply and good luck with your move!