What to pack in suitcase

Guest myboysjam

Guest myboysjam

We are moving out in April and are getting most of our items shipped. We will be renting furnished until container arrives. Is there anything that you wished you put in your suitcase rather than having to wait for it. It's hard trying to think what we will REALLY need to begin with. We have 2 young boys (8 and 4) and will obviously need to pack some toys and things for them. :rolleyes:

Guest GoldCoastMag

I brought personal papers, there seemed to be lots that I was frightened to ship - birth certs etc, We also had some favorite cd's although you can have your music on iphones. Some women bring their favorite makeup and other personal supplies.

You and your children may want a comforting toy or pillow or throw cover to make it feel like home that will also help on the plane.

Just dont do what I did and slip a butter knife in your carry on (as we did a last tidy of the apartment we were leaving) it went through unnoticed for about 3 airports but at the 4th an officious security man made me be patted down following his triumphant "aha, what is this, it could be used as a weapon"

Remember to declare anything that may be an issue even chocolate or polo mints, they wont do anything if they are declared but can be funny if they find them and you havent declared food.

We've not long arrived, I packed my 3 year old toys and puzzles (which she loved when she discovered them and for my 11 year old I packed his xbox - this may seem a little weird but I had a few reasons - small peoples clothes don't weigh as much as big peoples so we had the availability weight wise; it was his Christmas present; we can now use it to play games/play dvds/listen to cd's - it's really worth it's weight!

One thing I wish I packed more of....dvds for the kids, while they spend way more time outside here, its handy for a bit of quiet time before dinner, or in the morning while we're getting ready. I also feel sorry for my little one as none of the programs are what she is used to and I just think if I'd brought something from the UK she would be a little happier.

Best of luck

Tracey

Guest GoldCoastMag

Good idea Jtrd. Just a caution though, if you are not bringing an xbox do the dvd's play? I know the regional thing can cause a problem.