What was your experience shipping with Crown Relocations like?

Guest laneontour

Guest laneontour

I am looking to use Crown Relocations for our upcoming move to Sydney from the UK and wanted to hear your feedback - good & bad of how you found them.

Also, if you decided to not go with Crown and opted for another company, it would be great to hear why.

Thanks!

xo

Have you used the forum search to read reviews/feedback on Crown.

Fwiw we do not allow negative feedback to be posted on the forum for legal reasons. Please be aware of this and that we have to be careful in this regard. You could always ask

people to drop a PM in that instance.

Thanks in advance :)

Guest juliemtaylor

We used them in Jan/Feb 2010 and the packers from their Birmingham department were fab and everything was received in great order. They were the most expensive of the quotes we had but we had already heard good reports from friends.

Julie x

Guest laneontour

thanks for the feedback, sounds positive! just got their quote in today.. bit more expensive as you say but peace of mind is really important!!

To my knowledge Crown Relo are the only mover who can accurately state they are a truely worldwide mover with offices both here in the UK and in Oz apart from the other 55 locations they state on the web site - worth taking a look at www.crownrelo.com

As I understand it, all the the other removers, including Pickfords, will appoint a Destination Agent to undertake the customs clearance and delivery of your goods once they arrive in Oz. That's not to say any of these Destination Agents dont' work to very high standards, it just that should you have a problem then at least you are dealing with the same Company.

Guest oldmarried

On the other side of the coin having a different destination agent can be a bonus for customer service. The destination agent is vying for the business of the origin agent and there is plenty of choice so needs to keep on top of service levels. Where the company is one organisation there is no choice, they have to use an office whether the service is rubbish or not, it can breed complacency.

Guest Tony4052
To my knowledge Crown Relo are the only mover who can accurately state they are a truely worldwide mover with offices both here in the UK and in Oz apart from the other 55 locations they state on the web site - worth taking a look at www.crownrelo.com

As I understand it, all the the other removers, including Pickfords, will appoint a Destination Agent to undertake the customs clearance and delivery of your goods once they arrive in Oz. That's not to say any of these Destination Agents dont' work to very high standards, it just that should you have a problem then at least you are dealing with the same Company.

[h=3]37 Allied Pickfords offices throughout Australia[/h]Allied Pickfords has 37 offices across Australia and provides a personal, local delivery service at the following locations:

Brisbane Port, Hedland, Cairns, Emerald, Gladstone, Rockhampton, Gold Coast, Mackay , Sunshine Coast, Toowoomba, Townsville, Canberra, Wagga, Wollongong, Alice Springs, Darwin, Groote Eylandt, Katherine, Wodonga, Bendigo, Geelong, Gippsland, Melbourne, Albany, Bunbury, Esperance, Geraldton, Kalgoorlie, Karratha, Perth, Sydney, Adelaide, Hobart, Devonport, Coffs Harbour and Newcastle.

You should be aware that whilst Crown CAN use their own people and do the service "end-to-end", they often don't

With our move they used a destination agent too....and one at the UK end. Given my comments earlier, you'd think this would be the root of the problem I had, but it wasn't: both agents were excellent and communicative. It was the communication and information I received from Crown that I had an issue with. As per above, can't give too many details on open forum but basically I had to co-ordinate and manage the move myself

FWIW, if Crown had done the move themselves at the Aussie end, they freely admitted it would have been 4 weeks late instead of the 1 week late it actually turned out to be

PM for details if you want further

...although they share the same trading name I am pretty Pickfords in Oz and Pickfords in the UK are completely separate entities but as 'Old Married' says there are advantages and disadvantages in using the same company at origin and at destination.

At the end of the day, it is who you feel most comfortable with and ..... COST !!!

We used Crown from the UK to Sydney and had our stuff delivered last week. Our move was paid for by hubby's employer and so they picked Crown out of the quotes we received. They weren't the cheapest.

I would say it was a mediocre experience and will PM you what we felt about the experience.

We used Crown last September to move our stuff from the UK to Adelaide, couldn't fault them apart from the length of time it took! 12 weeks door to door, we kept track online and it seemed to stay put in certain locations for up to 2 weeks then it took them another 10 days to deliver after customs. Other than that they were great!!

12 weeks door to door, we kept track online and it seemed to stay put in certain locations for up to 2 weeks then it took them another 10 days to deliver after customs. Other than that they were great!!

I thought that was about right time wise. I've heard 10-12 weeks banded around.

Hi there Laneontour,

We used Crown and found them to be great. My family an I have moved country twice before our move to Oz and I had so many worries about my belongings due to past experiences and had little true faith in any company that was in position of my belongings. However, Crown was great from begining to end, they over wrapped if anything and i would and have, recomended them to friends and family.

Good luck on your move

Shell

I used Crown because they were the cheapest of three quotes. They outsourced the packing to a local company and TBH they weren't great. They told me they had finished and there was still plenty of stuff all over the floor including a pair of shoes. They packed some more but soon lost interest and I had to stuff the rest in suitcases. The stuff arrived in Australia on time and was delivered by Crown staff. Unfortunately some stuff - including my pictures - had not been packed carefully and the frames were damaged in transit.

• 5 years later...

Just used Crown Relocation or a move from the USA to Germany.

The crew on both side were efficient and well prepared for not damaging anything in  the house. We had a claim for damage of one bed and a tablet PC stolen.

They have proposed to reimburse our bed but since we forgot to mention the tablet PC was missing at the time of delivery they did not reimburse it.

They were not the most expensive since they underestimated the volume. They catched up and became the most expensive at the end.

SO you can make your mind yourself