Fastest Growing Suburbs in Sydney

Guest The Pom Queen

Odd

Fastest growth in terms of what, Kate?

I'd never heard of Point Fredrick, looked it up and turns out it's well out of the Greater Sydney metro area in Gosford up on the Central Coast

Likewise Freemans Reach is on the other side of the Hawkesbury River, out past Windsor. So that's also probably outside the Sydney metro area

Bundeena is locked in by National Park so hard to see how it can grow anywhere, and the other two are again tight into the Georges River near Botany Bay. Don't know them, but surprised if there's lots of land on which to build

Meanwhile out in the South West and North West of the city there are subdivisions going in all over the place, but they don't feature. The NSW government is even investing s shedload of money bringing new rail lines into those areas (eventually)

Maybe this government will do it! Rail line was promised 20years ago by the other lot and it never happened. The Federal lot are now playing silly buggers with the money. They want another line from Parramatta, which has plenty of public transport, but I suppose there are few Labor votes in the Hills - that's why we're still waiting.

Ok, thanks!

As for the rail link, I'm pretty sure it will go ahead this time (I am quite close to the project). NSW government is desperately pushing forward to commit enough funds it won't get canned/redrawn again aven if the other lot get back in next time

They've managed to come to an arrangement with the Feds on funding for the North Sydney Freight Corridor and I believe there are quid pro quo type verbal understandings on the funding for the NWRL.

Certainly lots of the industry is manning up in the expectation it will happen. Although it will take them a year at least to procure their contractors and you won't see action on the ground until the second half of 2013 IMO