100 points for import approval....back up doc?

Lucysdream

Hi all,

My partner and I are just in the process of filling in the personally import application for my partner's car. We note you need 100 points to show you will remain in oz. My partner can get 50 points for a letter that he is leaving work from his employer. We are just wondering what the hell else we could use. We will not be able to secure a long term rental until we arrive. We have 8 weeks accommodation which we have booked but not sure if this will prove anything. I can also show confirmation of one way flights booked but this is not on the list. We will not be cancelling our rental just yet in the UK. My partner will not get employment until after we arrive. Do you think the 8 weeks accommodation will be enough for the other 50 points? I don't see how people score these 100 points as most people wouldn't do them until they arrived in oz.

Thanks for any advice, Lucy.

Looking back at my application, I also had similar issues. What I did was wrote a letter stating everything I had included in my application. I listed anything I had that was on their lists plus a number of additional documents (basically anything I could use to prove I was moving to Aus). These were things like applications for childcare waitlisting, opened an Aus bank account, shipping invoices, closure of some savings accounts, Bupa International medical cover for a few months, acceptance form from agent for renting our house, cancellations of UK insurances etc. So your booked flights, rental accommodation, stick a copy with the application and anything else you can think of.

Looking back at my application, I also had similar issues. What I did was wrote a letter stating everything I had included in my application. I listed anything I had that was on their lists plus a number of additional documents (basically anything I could use to prove I was moving to Aus). These were things like applications for childcare waitlisting, opened an Aus bank account, shipping invoices, closure of some savings accounts, Bupa International medical cover for a few months, acceptance form from agent for renting our house, cancellations of UK insurances etc. So your booked flights, rental accommodation, stick a copy with the application and anything else you can think of.

Hey thanks for advice. We don't have children but we sent an application for ozzy bank account. Only problem is I only got a screen print of confirmation page on website that I did it and no actual email from bank at yet but it will have to do as we want to do application this weekend. I can show we accepted a holiday home for 8 weeks and visa grant letter, plus one way flights. My partner also got a letter from his employer to state he is leaving to emigrate to Oz. Nothing else we can show, we don't want to let our current letting agent know just yet. Plus we need quick turnaround on evidence as we are wanting to get this approval in asap so we can ship the car before we leave.

You could always give notice early on your car, and if he submits CV to an agency, maybe a letter from them? Also evidence of shipping your stuff? evidence you're moving permanently plus that he's coming with you :)

Cheers

Not sure what you mean by notice on car? We have no evidence of shipping our stuff as waiting for import approval so we can ship the car lol. Thanks for help.

I think you get points for the sale of your Uk house ,we just sent the sales advert .or giving notice on your rental.Also I think we got points for having a bank account in Oz ,which is simple to do on line.

Kev.

thanks for advice, as above with not wanting to let letting agent know just yet we are leaving and we need quick turnaround on evidence. We did bank application online and got screen print. You would think with visa grant letter that would be enough.....visa process looking like a breeze now lol.

Stupid me meant - give notice early on your JOB.

Gah, dumbo galore :)

lol get you. Yes it's my partner's car we are shipping and he has letter from his employer. Lucky it's not my car or I would have to to my own from work and fake it lol. I am not telling my employers yet otherwise I will lose my bonus in March, plus I just don't want to give them any long term notice!! I am looking forward to the day I hand it in....I even know the date I am doing it on! x