Make Up Brushes can I take them or do I leave them?? Thanks

Love Shoes

Hi Guy´s, It´s me again this time I am wondering if I am able to take my make-up brushes, I have quite a nice collection of Trish McEvoy which I would love to take with me, they are all kept in a special case, I will make sure they are all clean before I take them, they will be going in my suit case.

I am just going to e-mail AQUIS but they tend to answer in jargon and send me loads of attachments, I always find the easiest and most concise answers are on PIO.

Thanks again for your help greatly appreciated.

They use real animal hair don't they, is that why you are asking? I'd think they would be fine as they have been factory prepared, but if you want to cover your bases check and see still.

They use real animal hair don't they, is that why you are asking? I'd think they would be fine as they have been factory prepared, but if you want to cover your bases check and see still.

Hi Snifter, yes the Trish McEvoy ones are pony hair, and spot on that is why I am asking, I should have said, whoops blonde moment :wink: I think they will be OK, I have e-mailed AQUIS and asked them for a definitive answer hopefully they will take the hint .. :wink: Thanks for your reply x

Guest Emilyjones

The same thing never happened with me, but in opinion I dont think that there should be any problem as, never heard any case of having to trouble on make up brushes.

They are fine - anything make up brush wise (or hair brush) will have been treated as - would you allow badger hair straight from a badger near your face? lol AQIS know that stuff like that is treated, so it poses no problem or danger and they are fine with it.

Its stuff that might have creepy crawlies living in that is an issue.

Hi Girls, I have had a reply from AQUIS yes I can take them but ........ I have to declare them on my incoming passenger card, also they must be presented to DAFF Biochemistry on arrival in OZ to be checked for live insects. Should they contain any risk they will be treated costing between $30 and $60 this can take between 4 to 6 weeks, looks as if the Milton is coming out again ........

Maybe I should just throw them out :dull: Not that I think they have anything crawling in them.

Hi Girls, I have had a reply from AQUIS yes I can take them but ........ I have to declare them on my incoming passenger card, also they must be presented to DAFF Biochemistry on arrival in OZ to be checked for live insects. Should they contain any risk they will be treated costing between $30 and $60 this can take between 4 to 6 weeks, looks as if the Milton is coming out again ........

Maybe I should just throw them out :dull: Not that I think they have anything crawling in them.

If I threw out everything that was of this sort, I don't think I'd be taking much :biglaugh:

Declaring stuff isn't a problem, you just tick the box and show them at the counter, they go 'yep, that's fine' and off you go. Unless you have been letting small hamsters nest in them of course, and then you've got an issue....:P

If I threw out everything that was of this sort, I don't think I'd be taking much :biglaugh:

Declaring stuff isn't a problem, you just tick the box and show them at the counter, they go 'yep, that's fine' and off you go. Unless you have been letting small hamsters nest in them of course, and then you've got an issue....:P

Thanks, I agree, I am just about to re home all of my beloved wicker, it is not worth taking the chance, OH say´s just take it, but i am too tired to start arguing with them, and even worse I would prefer my friend who owns a lovely apartment to make use of it than see it all on the bin.

I will buy some make up brush cleaner in Selfridge´s and clean them just before I leave, and probably pack the cleaner with me to show what I have used. I don´t think I will have too much of a problem, they are lovely brushes, and all have a different use. :wink: