Payment for Shipping???

aussiechick2006

Hello everyone,

I am about to look into Shipping and have a question for all of you in the know...

I am looking at Shipping our things in May, so will be looking into companies very shortly. If I were to go with a company, would I have to pay upfront or would I pay a deposit and then final payment once all our belongings are picked up?

If you only pay a deposit, how much roughly did you have to pay out?

Many thanks

AC

Guest Guest31881

I believe you pay in advance, The shipping company have to pay for transport, loading and everything else. I think they want their money up front, just in case you decided not to pay.

Any thanks everyone,

Oops, I don't think I worded my post correctly... I was meaning that if I confirmed with a company in say a months time that I did want to go with them in May, would I have to pay the final costs up front (from here in the UK) next month, or do I pay one they have collected our belonging in the UK in May.

Must stop doing things with the kids around (or get a lot better at multiple tasking/bribery!)

AC