should i stay or should i go to oz

Guest malcthepom

Guest malcthepom

right any advice that is constructful (i have been offered a job and accepted) and helpful please, as i so so unsure not convinced about it. is the money 32 dollars an hr as a truck mechanic in w.a.(geraldton) overtime is flat rate but i guess theres plenty of work. the price of houseing etc

i dont need to ship my tools over because of the cost they have said this ok to start like that. i am going out on my own i did want to emirgrate for good but now doing a 457 and if i dont like it after 2 yrs i come back or if i do like it i stay forever?:) also medical cover seems exspensive but i ve only looked at one site cheapest was 103 dollars a month.also is it cheaper to rent a place rather than buy a place

malcthepom ,soon to be down under i hope:):biggrin:

Once you are in Oz, as you are from UK you are intitled to reciprocal healthcare, once you have your medicare card you would be able to cancel the medical insurace (but think you need to get ambulance cover which is not very much per month).

Having a medicare card is enough to satisfy the 8501 condition on the 457 visa, but as you can only get one when you are in Australia you will need Medical Insurance for your visa application.

Money is good, You can ship tools but most of the Carriers will not Cover tools on insurance.

Buy a set From Bursons when you get here they do full boxes like Brown Brothers and Partco do in the UK.

I would say go for it, give it 24 months if you dont like it you can go home with a smile on your face and a nice tan,

knowing you gave it a go and had a great experiance.

If you dont give it a go you will always wonder what if................

Go for it.

Guest malcthepom

tony thats so true i have to give it a go got to go forward with this although i will not let my head go into the clouds its not a hoilday its a life change and if it dont work out i have nothing to lose. one life just do it :):)