Need help for Statutory Declaration (Defacto relationship)

Guest tabform

Guest tabform

Do anyone here have the sample of Statutory Declaration for Defacto Relationship?

Me and my partner currently writing a statutory declaration, but we kinda not sure where to start and how to start.

If any of you have an template for me to refer, that would be really really great to me.

Many thanks.

Just follow the instructions in the partnership booklet and write a few sentences on each thing. They are not expecting a long essay but do give enough detail that shows your honesty. There may be some things that are not applicable to you so don't expect to write about everything on the list eg, if you do not have wills just write a sentence saying you do not have wills....but would consider making them when you get to Australia so they are legal under Australian law. If you do not have a joint account, again, say that you do not have one but mention how you split bills or pay for things like rent, household bills, shopping.

You will soon fill up a couple of pages. Mine was just under 2 typed A4 pages and Oh was half a page.

Guest tabform

Thanks Boganbear for your advice. Would u mind if i have a look on your statutory declaration ? I'm still stuck now. My head is not functioning atm. :wacko:

Guest GeorgeD

Everyone's will be different, there really isn't a right or wrong way to do it. As Boganbear says, follow the instructions in the booklet and address each section of the requirements.

If you have lots and lots of documentary evidence (eg bills!) of your relationship then the contents of your statutory declaration really doesn't matter much. If you are a bit thin on official evidence then the declaration is your opportunity to explain your relationship and why there isn't much evidence. Ten years of joint mortgage statements/utility/phone bills to both of you at the same address is much more powerful than having zero evidence and making a declaration saying you have been together for ten years, honest!

Some people write a long winded romance novel, others here have just put a short paragraph with a few bullet points of key events/dates. It's up to you!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest dee and dee
I can email you ours (really, really embarrassing ... but they seemed to do the job!). P.M me your email address if you like.

Hey Naomi, would u mind emailing me yours, my head is wrecked trying to get this done lol.

thanx a million.

Edited by lebourvellec

Guest guest64081

I've just done mine, I found the easiest thing to do is sit down and write a time line of your relationship with simple bullet points.

Then pad out those points with a little more detail. Reading the booklet will help you to get more of an idea about what they want to hear about.

Before you know it you'll have filled a page :)

Good luck

• 2 weeks later...
Guest caitywoo

Naomi without sending your 'embarressing' love letters all around the world, would you mind forwarding them to me also, we'r all on the same boat here, well a boat thats waiting to leave lol

Thanks a mill -

Edited by lebourvellec

• 2 months later...
Guest ang8094
I can email you ours (really, really embarrassing ... but they seemed to do the job!). P.M me your email address if you like.[/quote

Hi there,

Do you think you could possibly send it to me too? I have been sitting infront of my computer for hours now trying to write somthing but don't even know where to begin!! HELP!!!

Looking forward to hearing back from you

Edited by lebourvellec

Guest ang8094

Hi there,

Do you think you could possibly send it to me too? I have been sitting infront of my computer for hours now trying to write somthing but don't even know where to begin!! HELP!!!

Looking forward to hearing back from you

Edited by lebourvellec
email removal

• 1 month later...

Dear Naomi,

I am strugling to write saturary declaration of mine for partner visa. Would u mind if i have a look on your statutory declaration? Thank you.

Edited by lebourvellec
email removal

• 2 weeks later...
I can email you ours (really, really embarrassing ... but they seemed to do the job!). P.M me your email address if you like.

Hi Naomi,

I'm looking for sample of statutory declaration prepared by friends and family members.... If you have them, can you please send them to my email Much appreciate your help.Thanks

Edited by lebourvellec
email removal

• 4 years later...

I wonder if someone can help with regard to stat decs for de facto relationship. We have been asked by our CO to provide additional evidence of our de facto relationship. I have put together a few photos with dates for the last 10 years. But I am now thinking I may as well just do a stat Dec. I just need to clarify....does this need to be signed by anyone I.e. Solicitor or can we just sign a copy declaring that the information is true.

Also so would we both need to type one out or is one joint stat Dec sufficient. Please help... We have a deadline!!!

thank you

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

I am in the process of the 457 employer sponsored visa. I am adding my partner to this.

We have been together for about 8 years, got lots of pics of holidays, social events and literally hundreds of pics together over these years. We met through a mutual friend - my best friend married her best friend. He is a chartered accountant with his own firm and I have asked him to write a letter with his description of my girlfriend and I relationship.

My my girlfriend went to oz last year in a WHV as her family moved there, I visited twice and stayed with her(again lots of pics). She is home for about 6 months now, the only evidence we have of any shared financial responsibility is her name in my council tax - since April.

cam anyone suggest or advise if all of this will be enough?