can you ship wooden bed frames

derham

Guest Guest31881

Agree with Roger2shirts, providing it has been treated and sealed, there should be no problem. I believe the main concern is cane furniture as quite often it has not been treated or sealed.

Its not so much wooden furniture, its wooden items that are likely to have things living in them - the wood itself isn't going to pose a problem to Oz's eco-system unless its still green, or has foliage attached. So things to watch out for are wooden boxes of the trinkety sort made in Thailand etc, wicker, cane, bamboo and pine cone christmas tree decorations.

Your basic wood furniture isn't really that much of an issue (unless it has a woodworm infestation, but that seems less common nowadays in my experience - not sure why....)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, just so that I'm not confusing myself too much (natural blonde, and easily done. For me that is!)

My girls have a lot of the Ikea storage units (Trofast range, or something like that) that are wooden. They're not painted or varnished, just plain pine. Would these be ok to take or do I sell them to friends?

Many thanks

AC

Hi everyone, just so that I'm not confusing myself too much (natural blonde, and easily done. For me that is!)

My girls have a lot of the Ikea storage units (Trofast range, or something like that) that are wooden. They're not painted or varnished, just plain pine. Would these be ok to take or do I sell them to friends?

Many thanks

AC

You might get some information on an ikea website. Normally stuff that is factory processed is ok and they IKEA in Oz but ship the stuff in from Sweden.