Oven Pride - Aussie equivalent?!

paisleylass

Back in the UK I swore by Oven Pride to get my oven, and especially the racks, spotless. Funnily enough when I went to look closely at the oven in our new rental, the racks were bogging, covered in burnt grease. I've looked around for a good heavy duty cleaner, any recommendations? I loved OP because of the bags, they really made the job easy :o)

I do miss Home Bargains a bit heehee! Loads of great shops here but HB was my one-stop shop for cleaning stuff and various house-y bits.

Ah well, with some Jif, a now worn-out plasticky scourer and a ton of elbow grease I now have one rack cleaned to the point where I'd be happy to put a pizza straight on it. Had to use foil on the first night and of course the pizza stuck to it hehe. 3 more racks to go, best get some metal scourers!

On a happier note it's an awesome oven, having been restricted to an old fashioned freestanding electric one for the past few weeks!

Cheers folks, will get some for the remaining racks. In the meantime Coles basic $1-odd soap pads made cleaning the hob bits a doddle, hubby was actually amazed how much cleaner it looked :oD

Honestly, when I think of the effort I went to getting our cooker sparkling for our incoming UK tenant grrr heheh ;o)

• 4 years later...
Back in the UK I swore by Oven Pride to get my oven, and especially the racks, spotless. Funnily enough when I went to look closely at the oven in our new rental, the racks were bogging, covered in burnt grease. I've looked around for a good heavy duty cleaner, any recommendations? I loved OP because of the bags, they really made the job easy :o)

I do miss Home Bargains a bit heehee! Loads of great shops here but HB was my one-stop shop for cleaning stuff and various house-y bits.

Here you are, all you Oven Pride people. I use this product in the UK and I have just recommended it to family in Oz.

You can purchase it on line right there in Oz from:

https://www.catchoftheday.com.au/product/oven-pride-complete-oven-cleaner-500ml-198014/

At 10 bucks a shot, its not cheap, but I guarantee to everyone here, that it is certainly worth every cent.

Cheers

Steve