WA SS - Financial Status? Amounts and checks?

Dono

Hey guys,

I've had a look into the WA SS route. I am eligible to apply but I'm a bit unsure as to how to answer the questions about financial status.

I don't have money on my own name but I have access to around AU$50 000 from my parents if I need it. The funds are liquid and available at any time. Will this be acceptable? Do they ask for bank statements or proof and will the explanation of supporting parents be sufficient?

Any advice is much appreciated :)

Guest luckylady
Hey guys,

I've had a look into the WA SS route. I am eligible to apply but I'm a bit unsure as to how to answer the questions about financial status.

I don't have money on my own name but I have access to around AU$50 000 from my parents if I need it. The funds are liquid and available at any time. Will this be acceptable? Do they ask for bank statements or proof and will the explanation of supporting parents be sufficient?

Any advice is much appreciated :)

Hello

We have been granted WA SS recently, and we didn't have to show bank statements to prove how much money we had in the bank, but we did need to show my salary's being paid into the bank account when we applied for 176 visa to prove I had been employed in the job I stated, plus wage slips.

On our WA SS aplication we were asked to provide a financial breakdown of how much our expected living expenses in Oz were going to be, also expected salary. I guess its to be sure the main applicant wages can cover the expenses.

There was also a section asking about funds available to transfer to Oz, but we were never asked to prove them. I'm sure someone else on here will confirm for you if there is a minimum amount of money required for settlement I'm sure.

I remember seeing on the DIAC website somewhere a guide to expected settlement funds. I can't remember if that only applied to specific visa categories. Might be worth checking it out.

Best of luck