Diagnosed with MS today - How does this affect our PR Visa?

eweasel

Well we thought things were going to well!!!:mad:

We have our PR visa and flights are booked but today I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis following two attacks within 2 months, but to be honest it is likely that I've had it for a few years.

I'm still trying to get my head around this and how this is going to affect our visa. Have anyone else been through a similar situation?

Thanks

Est :eek:

Sorry for your news. Bad news. Do you know which form of M.S. it is?

You have your visa. You applied in good faith. You got it. If you still want to go then go, and you should go. The better weather won't hurt your symptoms one bit and why let this stand in your way. The fact you are even asking the question suggests you still want to go, so I hope you do and I wish you all the best.

Thank guys I believe its relapsing/remitting and TBH its managable at the moment although I have to go back in two week for an assessment on medications.

We totally intend to still go - no doubt about it I'm just unsure if we have to let the CO know and what happens with medical insurance accessing MS support over there.

I've looked through all our visa grant info and it doesn't mention anything about changes in medical circumstances - I dunno whether we just roll up and deal with it over there as necessary.

hey ho - roll on Feb can't wait to get some warm weather :-)

Est

Guest mandi1971
Thank guys I believe its relapsing/remitting and TBH its managable at the moment although I have to go back in two week for an assessment on medications.

We totally intend to still go - no doubt about it I'm just unsure if we have to let the CO know and what happens with medical insurance accessing MS support over there.

I've looked through all our visa grant info and it doesn't mention anything about changes in medical circumstances - I dunno whether we just roll up and deal with it over there as necessary.

hey ho - roll on Feb can't wait to get some warm weather :-)

Est

OMG hun im so sorry to hear that :wub:

It wont affect your visa though, so atleast thats some good news for you.

Let me know how you get on with your tests and we'll have a good catch up in Perth after Feb.

Big hugs :hug::hug:

Mandi xx

Well not ones to dwell on bad news we rang Australia House and asked them what our situation was.

We were informed that as the 176 Visa had been granted and the diagnosis was given after then grant date we don't have to inform CO or make any declaration regarding the visa.

We have to declare any medications to customs when we actually travel and contact Medicare to find out the cost and availability of the drugs I will be prescribed.

Thanks for your comments - and i hope that this thread helps anyone else who finds themselves in a similar situation.

Est :wubclub: