Awaiting IELTS results! EEK!

flissbob

Thanks! Good luck for yours too! Are you sitting the general or academic? This whole process is so stressful!

General. This will be my 3rd test..................I'm not doing it again!!!

Have booked 4 1:1 sessions with a tutor from the college to try and get some tips. Fingers crossed it helps.

Got all 7.5 in 1st test (9 for the speaking bit)

Got all 7's?!! In 2nd Test(for the speaking bit)

I'm a bit lost as to why I got less second time round..................:arghh:

Well hopefully the tuition will pay off... and they do say third time lucky!

To be honest I do think a lot of it is luck...what topics you get etc.

And the reading paper is just a joke, some of the questions could have multiple answers and you literally have to guess which one they want! It's supposed to be a reading test not a mind reading test!!

So worrying! It's nice to talk to people who are in a similar situation though :biggrin:

Well hopefully the tuition will pay off... and they do say third time lucky!

To be honest I do think a lot of it is luck...what topics you get etc.

And the reading paper is just a joke, some of the questions could have multiple answers and you literally have to guess which one they want! It's supposed to be a reading test not a mind reading test!!

So worrying! It's nice to talk to people who are in a similar situation though :biggrin:

I do think the same its just luck on what topic's you get.................Last one I did in September reading was hard compared to the one I did before.

I wasn't intersted in the topic it was so boring to read!

Fingers crossed for your results and I agree 3rd time lucky....

Guest jamesandstephcole

Good Luck all!.... rather than wait for the post i'm driving the 3hr round trip to pick up the results on friday from the test centre!!

I agree the reading is luck! on most papers there is at least one answer I can convincingly argue a different answer to a friend who is a professor of english at oxford - and where else have you heard of a pass mark which is 95% (requirement for 8 on reading)

This is the resultd from my second test and for the sanity of my wife (and mine!) i really hope its the last

I am convinced that they make the reading awkward to keep the numbers down, what other test can you get 5 wrong and get an 8 (listening) and yet you need to get 38 or more right to get an 8 on the other (reading):mad::mad: even worse when you get 8.5 and 9 for writing and speaking, just don't see the logic:confused: