Certified Documents

Guest Paulholl

Guest Paulholl

Hey all

I am having real trouble getting certified documents done for the ANMAC(Nursing and Midwifery). I wondered if anyone else has used a doctor for this or does it have to be a listed member i.e lawyer. confusing???

any help would be good

thanks

Paul

Hey all

I am having real trouble getting certified documents done for the ANMAC(Nursing and Midwifery). I wondered if anyone else has used a doctor for this or does it have to be a listed member i.e lawyer. confusing???

any help would be good

thanks

Paul

I used a lawyer at work to certify all of my documents but then read that they only need t be certified if they are not colour copies (this was in a letter from DIAC).

I would guess that colour copies are much cheaper than paying for certification.

Hey all

any help would be good

thanks

Paul

Hi Paul

We just took all of ours to a local solicitor and she charged us £5 for signing half a dozen docs.

Carla

Hey all

any help would be good

thanks

Paul

Hi Paul

For the Nursing council (AHPRA) your documents have to be certified bu a Notary Public - they will not accept anything else.

I am currently going through this process myself and i sent all my documents stamped by a notary public except my stat dec to say I was taught in English - that i used a solicitor and they e-mailed me Friday to say I have to have it re-done by the Notary!

This will be the third time I've been to the Notary and it's cost me £240 so far - he has quoted me £40 for the stat dec! Arrrrggggghhhh!! :arghh:

So take my advice and get it all done bu the Notary in one go.

Good Luck

Lisa

I have had to get my documents done for medical colleges and it has to be notarised. An ordinary solicitor won't do - has to be notary. Stat dec had to be redone by the notary too after I had it witnessed by a nurse as notary wouldn't notarise it unless he also signed it and colleges wont accept unless i had it notarised. Both notaries I used charge a minimum fee for an appt £50 then a few pounds per extra document etc. if I had got my stat dec.s correct it would have been £120 all in but return for 2 stat dec,s put me back another £60.

Guest Paulholl

Alright well according to the ANMAC website legal practitioner is able to certify documents which includes solicitors. So.... all very confusing saves some cash too......

I asked the notary the difference between certifying and notarising. Basically certifying is fine if done within the same country I.e if certified by an Australian nurse/lawyer etc but for papers going international it needs to be a notary or they may refuse to recognise. I don't know if he was just saying that to justify his payment :-)

http://www.mynotary.co.uk/faq.php

Guest tappy20

on the AHPRA

Outside Australia, the following people are authorised to certify documents:

 Justice of the Peace

 Notary public

 Australian Consular Officer or Australian Diplomatic Officer (within the meaning of the Consular Fees Act 1955)

 Employee of the Commonwealth or the Australian Trade Commission who works outside Australia.

justice of the peace...does it mean local courts as well???

Alright well according to the ANMAC website legal practitioner is able to certify documents which includes solicitors. So.... all very confusing saves some cash too......

I think all nursing and midwifery registration applications now all go through AHPRA

http://www.ahpra.gov.au/

If you go to http://www.ahpra.gov.au/Registration/Registration-Process/Overseas-Practitioners.aspx this tells you how to register and how to certify your documents.

good luck

Lisa