Serviced apartments in Sydney?

Guest francri

Guest francri

Hi All,

Myself, my partner and our 10 month old son will soon be flying out to Sydney to work. We would like to arrange a serviced apartment for the first 2-4 weeks until we secure a rental property.

Does anyone have any experience or recommendations of this?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Rich

Guest francri

Thanks for these replies, have already started looking. The Absolute apartments in Rhodes look good and would allow my partner to explore the area around her workplace (Concord Hospital) in advance.

So much to do and so little time....

• 3 weeks later...
Guest francri
My girlfriend has recently accepted a job in concord, when are you due to head out? We are still waiting on registration etc, so its gonna be a while!

Hiya,

My partner has applied for her registration too.

We are currently awaiting my visa approval as we will all go over on that, then she will get her own when her registration comes through.

We should trade proper contact info so that the girls can get in touch at the hospital.

our email is rich(dot)francis05@hotmail(dot)co(dot)uk

drop us an email soon.

:-) Rich & Sophy

Guest Geordie A

Hi we have been in sydney for 5 weeks now. just about to move into rented accom but have been at wentworth point which has served our needs well. the ferry link to circular key is ideal

• 2 months later...
Guest francri

Hi to all that provided input and advice. We have now rented a temporary apartment (fully furnished, and all inclusive) in Roseville, we even get use of the owners car. We found it on http://www.airbnb.com which is full of properties being rented out, short term, by the owners. We found this a really easy experience and got just what we were looking for in a relaxed process dealing with the owner directly. We would highly recommend this site. Not long now and we will be there, flying out on Monday 6 February... We are all soooooo excited.

Hi to all that provided input and advice. We have now rented a temporary apartment (fully furnished, and all inclusive) in Roseville, we even get use of the owners car. We found it on www.airbnb.com which is full of properties being rented out, short term, by the owners. We found this a really easy experience and got just what we were looking for in a relaxed process dealing with the owner directly. We would highly recommend this site. Not long now and we will be there, flying out on Monday 6 February... We are all soooooo excited.

That's interesting. I've never heard of that site. I did know a girl who sub-let her rented flat via Gumtree whlst she went off to England for a holiday. It should be pleasant in Roseville although I can't remember the last time I went there. It's the next stop north after Chatswood isn't it? I don't care for Chatswood, not quite sure why as there are plenty of shops. I guess it is a subjective thing.