Transporting pets from scotland

Williamsons

Hi all,

Hoping someone can help. We have been looking at various pet transporters to take our beloved Molly the mutt to Perth. Our quotes are coming back based on flying her out of Heathrow - has anyone used a reputable company that has an "all-in-price" from Scotland (Ive been told she can't fly from Scotland so it would be transit to heathrow)???

Thanks.

Sarah

Sorry we're in Kent so can't help, our pet travel company quoted a price to collect Satch from our home, but we're going to drive her up ourselves anyway.

I know Montyclaude is moving from Ireland and might be able to suggest some people, but pretty sure they're bringing their dogs over to England themselves - I seem to recall they saved a bunch of money that way.

Good luck :)

Hi Sarah

We're also coming from Scotland but we're from the other side of Aberdeen, Turrif to be precise. We were also told that we can't fly our dogs from any Scottish airports either and it has to be Heathrow (god knows why) and nobody has told us why it has to be Heathrow. We were hoping to be out in about Feb/March 2012 time but now with the Rabies Rule coming into play it'll be more like April as my dogs have just newly gotten their injections and will then have to get them tested in 17 days time then I'll b able to apply for their Import papers then i can see about getting Byford booked for about April 2012 time, grrrrrrrrrr. We're now doing the whole pet shipping thing ourselves now and we're having to really rake to see why they can't be flown from Glasgow or somewhere cause it's an International aiport at the end of the day but we maybe wonder if it's cause it's only Heathrow that have a Government Appointed Vet and also boarding facilities and maybe this is why, but god knows.

If we do have to drive them all the way down to Heathrow then that's one drive i ain't looking forward to :(:(:(

Take care

Lynette

XX

Hi Sarah

We're also coming from Scotland but we're from the other side of Aberdeen, Turrif to be precise. We were also told that we can't fly our dogs from any Scottish airports either and it has to be Heathrow (god knows why) and nobody has told us why it has to be Heathrow. We were hoping to be out in about Feb/March 2012 time but now with the Rabies Rule coming into play it'll be more like April as my dogs have just newly gotten their injections and will then have to get them tested in 17 days time then I'll b able to apply for their Import papers then i can see about getting Byford booked for about April 2012 time, grrrrrrrrrr. We're now doing the whole pet shipping thing ourselves now and we're having to really rake to see why they can't be flown from Glasgow or somewhere cause it's an International aiport at the end of the day but we maybe wonder if it's cause it's only Heathrow that have a Government Appointed Vet and also boarding facilities and maybe this is why, but god knows.

If we do have to drive them all the way down to Heathrow then that's one drive i ain't looking forward to :(:(:(

Take care

Lynette

XX

Hi Lynette,

We have received a few quotes - just can't believe it is going to cost more to take Molly out than for the 4 of us!! But I couldn't leave her - she is like another baby (makes me rather sad I know). Not sure who we are going to go with yet. Hubby left yesterday for Oz so we haven't had a chance to go through the quotes yet. We are going to use a shipping company I think - don't think I could face adding that to my pile of things to do - esp as OH is away until Christmas:laugh: I agree with you about the drive to Heathrow - not going to be fun :cry:

Sarah

Dogs can fly from Scottish airports then onwards from there. But they have to start their international leg of the journey from Heathrow.

Petair can quote for collecting your pet and taking them down to Heathrow, you can get a quote online too.

We're using these guys:

http://www.pettravelservices.co.uk/

They are based in Dunfermline and you can either drop your pet off there or they can pick them up from your home. They were recommended by a colleague at work who used them to transport his 18 yr old cat to NZ... and back a year later! They were also recommended by my vet (and I know price isn't everything but they were about £500 cheaper than PetAir).

We are using Golden Arrow who are based in Shropshire (we live in Lancashire though, not Scotland). They look after the pets for the 3 or 4 days before the flight, sort out the final vet checks and take them to Heathrow on the day of their flight. If you could arrange the transport to Shropshire, it would break up the journey south for the pets. We wanted to avoid having a connecting flight from Manchester to Heathrow.

Hi Sarah,

I'm trying to get our pet PUG home from Paris and the current suggestion is that we use Per Air Uk via Heathrow. Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Ianr.

1.05pm

Guest The Pom Queen
Hi Sarah

Take care

Lynette

XX

For international routes they have to go from Heathrow/Gatwick if flying to Oz BUT you should be able to fly your dog down to Heathrow from Scotland.

Take a look at the attachment for all countries and where you can fly from/to