Anyone stayed at the Crowne Plaza~Singapore?

cartertucker

Has anyone stayed at the Crowne Plaza ~ Singapore? :wideeyed:

We stayed at the ambassador transit hotel & whilst it 'did what it said on the tin' We are thinking mayby the Crowne plaza may be a little more 'special'

I am wondering how much hassle it is to clear immigration? :unsure: We obviously didnt have to so that when staying at the Ambassador

Love to hear your views ~ Many thanks :wubclub:

ME!:biggrin:Great hotel Kelly,walk straight in to the foyer of the crown plaza from terminal......:unsure:3 "i think",lovely cocktails as well!:yes::goofy:

Clearing customs etc was nothing,honest mrs,dead sound hotel,dead nice pool for your kids as well,check it out on youtube,its on there.

Deffo stay there again,tbh there was only me and jan,no kids to consider,but the hotel itself is sound kelly,think about a tenner in a cab into the city,aces kelly!:wubclub:

I used to live in singapore but haven't stayed at the crown plaza tbh.

For arrivals though singapore has one of the fastest landing to taxi rank times worldwide. It is not unusual to have disembarked, cleared customs, collected luggage and be heading for transport all within 30minutes of touch down.

(The taxi rank itself can be chaos though!)

Singapore airport also has a very good and reasonable left luggage system - if you wanted to just pack 1 bag for your stopover and leave the remainder at the airport.

Ahhh maybe not then Kelly,we stayed 2 nites so was worth it,in your situ i'd go the cheaper option meself,still got the airport pool and cinema,that big tube slide for the kids etc.

Theres a tour bus takes you to the city,if you want to do that and depending on the time your there(day/night)Boat quay is nice for an alfresco meal and beer if you do go the city btw,have a goodun Kelly!:wubclub:

Guest guest17301

I could spend loads of time at Singapore airport! So much to do! Only saw the 4 walls of the airport hotel room though slept for 10 hours of the 12 hour stopover!

any idea on hoe much left laggage is? and can it be left for 5ish days?

we were thinking of doing a stop over and with the sizes of the rooms and the amount of luggage we have thinking it may be easier to leave it somewhere?

Crown Plaza is OK but is pretty much an 'airport hotel' pretty quiet and a little bit soulless but does what it says on the tin. We stayed in the Sentana Island for 3 nights and spent the last night in the crown plaza so that the little ones could get a kip before midnight flight.

Left luggage was about 30 quid for 3 nights / 4 days storage for 2 x 30kg cases. Much better than hoicking the bags around with us for a few days.

Hope that helps....