Meeting Half Way

Guest Sunbed

Hi,

Instead of taking the kids back to the UK next year, my wife and I were thinking of meeting my family somewhere in between for a holiday.

Has anybody done this and got any recommendation of a place easy to get to from Melbourne and Manchester?

So far our thoughts are Hawaii.

I should point out that S.E.Asia isn't really an option as my niece has a nut allergy and I'm thinking it wouldn't be the best place for her to visit.

Thanks in advance.

MC.

Hawaii is a heck of a long way from Manchester. A fair bit further than Melbourne.

What about San Francisco? Or California someplace. I'd rather take one direct flight from both ends than have to change or refuel to go onward to Hawaii. But if the family in the UK don't mind then go for it. Also cost wise, Hawaii is probably going to be a fair bit more expensive flight wise etc.

I'd prefer Canada over the US but that is possibly too far from Aus.

If you can't do Asia that pretty much rules out the half way meeting points. There is no middle ground really, other than somewhere like South Africa. The tourist costal areas there are meant to be lovely. I know plenty of people who go on holiday and its been great.

think i would rather send the family the money towards their fares and let me stay in Aussie and them come to me :wink: can you tell im not a fan of flying :biglaugh: