PetAir UK - Pet Travel Service

Guest The Pom Queen

Guest The Pom Queen

petair-468x60.png

Bob at PetAir http://www.petairuk.com/ has teamed up with Pomsinoz to bring you all the ins and outs on shipping your loved ones to the other side of the world. As Bob is a qualified vet I am sure he will also be happy to answer any other worries or concerns you may have during this process.

Bob can also explain all the latest updates in regards to the rabies vaccination etc.

To ask Bob a question please visit his forum at http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/shipping-pets-ask-pet-air/

• 5 years later...

We used Pet air to ship our beloved 11 year old West Highland Terrier Blue from Heathrow to Melbourne, and then internally to Brisbane in November 2016.

I cannot begin to tell you how wonderful they were. It was one of the worst things for me but they were so amazing that it all went smoothly. They are extremely thorough and all information is detailed minutely and no question is deemed silly.

Blue was picked up from our home, with me in tears, taken safely to Heathrow where she had a comfortable night before her flight. Pet air kept me informed throughout her journey, I dealt personally with Catherine who was available throughout. When Blue arrived in Quarantine I was able to speak to them directly to check on her.

I was then in the hands of Lenny at Pet Traveller who collected her from Quarantine on our behalf and transported her for her last flight to Brisbane where we would be waiting.

Again my mind was racing but they sent me a cute video of her so we could see she was ok.

When we collected her from Brisbane our family was complete.

I still hate to think of her journey but she has adjusted well, she wanted to be close to us which was expected but she loves the long beach walks and our new house which is close to great walks by the river and beach.

Some people thought I was insane with the costs involved to ship her to Oz, she is part of our family and the best money we spent. I would not hesitate to recommend this service to others, our family would not be complete without their help.

Theresa & Blue!

• Like 1

Guest The Pom Queen
8 hours ago, Lee4theresa said:

We used Pet air to ship our beloved 11 year old West Highland Terrier Blue from Heathrow to Melbourne, and then internally to Brisbane in November 2016.

I cannot begin to tell you how wonderful they were. It was one of the worst things for me but they were so amazing that it all went smoothly. They are extremely thorough and all information is detailed minutely and no question is deemed silly.

Blue was picked up from our home, with me in tears, taken safely to Heathrow where she had a comfortable night before her flight. Pet air kept me informed throughout her journey, I dealt personally with Catherine who was available throughout. When Blue arrived in Quarantine I was able to speak to them directly to check on her.

I was then in the hands of Lenny at Pet Traveller who collected her from Quarantine on our behalf and transported her for her last flight to Brisbane where we would be waiting.

Again my mind was racing but they sent me a cute video of her so we could see she was ok.

When we collected her from Brisbane our family was complete.

I still hate to think of her journey but she has adjusted well, she wanted to be close to us which was expected but she loves the long beach walks and our new house which is close to great walks by the river and beach.

Some people thought I was insane with the costs involved to ship her to Oz, she is part of our family and the best money we spent. I would not hesitate to recommend this service to others, our family would not be complete without their help.

Theresa & Blue!

@Lee4theresa I am so happy that Blue is finally settled with you. I know @BobPetairUK has a 100% service rating from members Petair they treat each pet as their own and not like a piece of cargo.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

We are thinking of returning in 2018, we have a Great Dane she will be neary 2.5yrs old when/if we return. When should we start getting her travel passport started? We intend to use PetAirUk as the reviews are fab.....we are so nervous about her flying all that way we could easily change our mind! Pathetic I know ?

6 minutes ago, Mr&MrsB said:

We are thinking of returning in 2018, we have a Great Dane she will be neary 2.5yrs old when/if we return. When should we start getting her travel passport started? We intend to use PetAirUk as the reviews are fab.....we are so nervous about her flying all that way we could easily change our mind! Pathetic I know ?

You can contact Pet Air via the forum :) They'll be able to assist with your questions I am sure. 

@BobPetairUK

• 3 months later...

We have chose Petair to fly our dog to Oz in February. Just a couple of questions I have though and I think this forum could help answer them.

Will we get updates along the way, such as when our pooch has their stop over in Dubai?

Also can you get updates from the quarantine centre during our dogs stay there?

Thank you :) 

1 hour ago, Mbandvb said:

We have chose Petair to fly our dog to Oz in February. Just a couple of questions I have though and I think this forum could help answer them.

Will we get updates along the way, such as when our pooch has their stop over in Dubai?

Also can you get updates from the quarantine centre during our dogs stay there?

Thank you :) 

You can ask this of Bob over in the Pet Air section of the forum :) 

https://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/35-shipping-pets-ask-pet-air/

Re quarantine, you'd need to check with them as to what you can do re updates. 

Hiya

You can ask us direct if that is easier ;)

We dont normally get updates along the way, but you can use the ticket trackers we give you to get the main points of the journey and some people have watched the flight on flightradar to watch the plane going around the world.

You will get an email from quarantine station when the pets have landed and have been checked. I know the quarantine stations have got much less "contactable" over the years, but they will contact you if they are concerned.

Merry Christmas and i hope that helps

Bob

• 1 year later...

Hi all, 

My 1st post on here we are in the process of moving to Sydney just waiting for the "golden email" with visa details. I have a 5 year old patterdale who is so nervous I've started all her checks, had  rabies injection got passport I've been looking at different companies and Petair by far seems the best. I feel sick at the thought of her on cargo for the lengthof time especially as she's so nervous and doesn't like any kind of loud voice etc plus she's epileptic so on medication twice a day. 

Can anyone help with how there dog was by the time they met with them after the 10 day quarantine, I know she will have a better life and leaving her behind is not a option she is family! Guess I'm just looking for reassurance from real people that have done it. Any tips would be great to.....many thanks 

• 6 months later...

HI

We have two small dogs (maltese Shitzu & Maltese Cavalier), which we moved back to the UK in May 2018.  We are due to Move back to Brisbane, Oz June 2020, will the dogs have to have another round of Rabbles vaccinations or will the last lot still be ok?  My understanding at the time was that the vaccinations lasted 3 years?  How long will they need to be in quartile for when they arrive in Brisbane?  Are you also able to give me a quote?  Flying from Essex to Brisbane

Hi Creese

They will definitely need a blood sample at least as this needs to be done within 2 years of the flight and the chances are that the old rabies vaccines may not help the dogs make enough antibodies to pass the test. 

If i were you then i would get the dogs another rabies vaccine each and then 3-4 weeks later get them a rabies blood sample. The rabies blood sample needs to be done at least 6 months before the flight.

They will be in quarantine for 10 days and will have to go to Melbourne to do their 10 day stay and then they can fly from Melbourne to Brissie.

We need to gather various details so please can you go to our website and fill out the details we need and we can do you a free quote? https://www.petairuk.com/get-a-quote

Bob

• 1 year later...

Yes - pets are flying nicely now. It seems the routes are stable. We are flying pets through Singapore and through Qatar.

The issue we have from UK to Australia is that quarantine in Australia is rammed - not quite sure why, but the waiting list is long. So if you want to travel from UK to Australia in 2021, you need to start as early as you can or you will be delayed.

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/01/2021 at 13:59, BobPetairUK said:

Yes - pets are flying nicely now. It seems the routes are stable. We are flying pets through Singapore and through Qatar.

The issue we have from UK to Australia is that quarantine in Australia is rammed - not quite sure why, but the waiting list is long. So if you want to travel from UK to Australia in 2021, you need to start as early as you can or you will be delayed.

Hi Bob, 

Just wondering if the restrictions on flying snubbed nose dogs have changed? I believe an airline suspended them flying due to a dog dying. 

I have a british bulldog so she would fall under this category, so just interested if they are now able to fly again? And if so is there any changes to the guidelines of them flying? 

Lauren