Help 176 State sponsor How long???

Guest Cosgravefamily

Guest Cosgravefamily

Hey there very new to all of this at the moment can any one tell me how long they are taking for the state sponsorship for WA my husband is a plumber and due to do his Ielts in Oct and we are sending his trade assessment of at the end of the week so would love to hear any information you may have

Hey there...My sister is also applying for the skill assessment this week IA...Wel, she was also thinking about choosing from 475 and 176 because both are state and regional sponsors.But as for the benefits of the two, 176 has a lot of benefits as compared tto 475...So you and my sis are in the same boat...

Keep in touch.... :)

Guest Cosgravefamily

I know its hard making all these decisions, but we've definitely decided to go for WA State Sponsorship as soon as I have the Trade assessment sent off I'm going to start working on the sponsorship its just confusing as to how long it all takes???

Def keep in touch tough :)

Guest luckylady

Hi

My WA State sponsorship took only a few days to come back! That was only a month ago. So you should expect a swift reply.

It seems the 176 visas are also coming back within 2 -3 months at the moment.

look at the post about august / september 176 visa by BigBob there are some timelines on there which might help.

I know its hard making all these decisions, but we've definitely decided to go for WA State Sponsorship as soon as I have the Trade assessment sent off I'm going to start working on the sponsorship its just confusing as to how long it all takes???

Def keep in touch tough :)

Do you think you can apply as soon as you have sent the docs for assessment???? I am confused about the idea???? Should'nt we wait for the skill assessment result and after the result apply for the SS????

Can anyone clarify me please!!!

Hi

My WA State sponsorship took only a few days to come back! That was only a month ago. So you should expect a swift reply.

look at the post about august / september 176 visa by BigBob there are some timelines on there which might help.

luckylady, what are your opinions about the SA SS processing time?

What abt the HR countries??? Are 176's of HR countries also coming back in the abv mentioned time?

Guest Cosgravefamily
Do you think you can apply as soon as you have sent the docs for assessment???? I am confused about the idea???? Should'nt we wait for the skill assessment result and after the result apply for the SS????

Can anyone clarify me please!!!

Hia

I mean I'm going to start the process ensuring we have all docs we need for the state sponsorship ready to go when we get the trade assessment and the ielts results back so we'll be ready to submit the SS then...

Guest luckylady

Hi

Sorry I have no idea about the SA processing times at the moment. If you follow some of the threads about visas in the last few months, lots of members put their timeline on the bottom of the post, so everyone can see how quickly (or not) things are taking.

Guest luckylady

I would wait for your skills assessment to come back first, just in case.

You could fill in all the forms, get all your documents ready etc, so you can submit straight away.

If you need IELTS exam, it might be worth looking into that, I had to wait nearly 2 months for an available date (Bristol )

Guest Cosgravefamily
I would wait for your skills assessment to come back first, just in case.

You could fill in all the forms, get all your documents ready etc, so you can submit straight away.

If you need IELTS exam, it might be worth looking into that, I had to wait nearly 2 months for an available date (Bristol )

Hi Luckylady

The IELTS exam is the 8th of Oct so not long now, thats what i was thinking of doing getting all the docs ready and forms filled so i'll be ready to go when we get the results back from both seems lots to get done....

I'll keep an eye on the thrends to check time frames etc....

• 1 month later...
Hi

Hi there, just reading you post and was wondering if you applied for WA SS yourself and how was the form to fill in?

Not using an agent, only just sent off the skills assesment forms but looking for state sponsor any help would be useful thanks x sharon

Hey there very new to all of this at the moment can any one tell me how long they are taking for the state sponsorship for WA my husband is a plumber and due to do his Ielts in Oct and we are sending his trade assessment of at the end of the week so would love to hear any information you may have

hi were in the same boat, just sent off the details for skills assesment so waiting on that but looking into state sponsorship and not sure how easy it is and what forms need to be filled out,..trying not to use an agent. still got a long way to go sharon x

Guest luckylady
Hi there, just reading you post and was wondering if you applied for WA SS yourself and how was the form to fill in?

Not using an agent, only just sent off the skills assesment forms but looking for state sponsor any help would be useful thanks x sharon

Hi

We used an agent, however the state application form was straight forward enough. There is always a lot of form filling, loads of dates, documents, detail to find, but our agent didn't need to make any alterations before submitting, so I guess we could probably done the forms without an agent, but we didn't want to take any chances.

I would suggest going on DIAC web site, download all the relevant docs for SS, and start gathering all the information it asks for, there is always something you cant find and need to get a copy which can take weeks!!!

I found that on my SS forms I was repeating a lot of the info I had to put on my skills assessment (work history / qualification etc)

Let me know if I can help in any way.

Best of luck

hi were in the same boat, just sent off the details for skills assesment so waiting on that but looking into state sponsorship and not sure how easy it is and what forms need to be filled out,..trying not to use an agent. still got a long way to go sharon x

That is one form you don't need an agent for - you just need common sense :wink:

http://www.migration.wa.gov.au/skilledmigration/Pages/SkilledMigrationWA.aspx