flights booked - townsville here we come

Guest john76

Hi Folks,

We done the deed yesterday and booked our flights to Townsville :biggrin:

We (me,OH and our 2 year old son Victor) leave Heathrow @ 20.30 18/10/2011 and arrive in Townsville @ 10.50 20/10/2011

have also sorted haulier to come and drop off boxes for us to pack all our wordly goods (all 10x tea chests worth :biglaugh:)

to say we are excited is a massive understatement seems so long ago we were walking down by Brighton sea front dreaming of a better life but hey its here and we cant wait :jiggy:

thanks for taking the time to read and any words of wisdom and advice will be welcome

John

Guest guest59652

enjoy it - but dreaming of a better life - ive lived here a couple of years - enjoy it but its not a magic wand. remember the floods in qld, cyclones etc - it might give you lots it might treat you damn harshly

Good luck John

Have also posted on OH thread

Hopefully get to meet up with you sometime next year when we get over

many thanks for your kind wishes and yes would be great to meet up when you get over, in the meantime we can keep in touch on here :biggrin:

Having spoken to John's OH quite a lot, I am certain they are both full aware of what lies ahead and all the potential downsides etc.

I think to be fair to succesfully emigrate to another country you have to have a 'dreaming of a better life' mentality in order to give you the confidence and the energy to make it work, otherwise what is the point??

many thanks for your kind words and of course we as a couple have done a lot of research into this move, really dont know what i have done to upset some people today :huh: but nothing can take away from our joy today, thanks again :notworthy:

Guys i have tidied this thread up , please respect the OPs feelings and if you dont agree ,switch to another thread.

Thanks

Cal x

Good luck yer man utd whopper!:biggrin::laugh::wink:hope its aces john:cute:,my tip?

Wear flip flops for the tortuous never ending:arghh: flight mate:wubclub:

Good luck yer man utd whopper!:biggrin::laugh::wink:hope its aces john:cute:,my tip?

Wear flip flops for the tortuous never ending:arghh: flight mate:wubclub:

thanks my liverpool friend :biggrin:

yes Pablo thanks for the tip and i will make sure the flip flops are on (must log onto manutd.com and see if there are any nice UTD flip flops :biglaugh:)

Sorry mate, you're on your own when you land:no:

i come from Northern Ireland mate, george best, norman whiteside etc etc what chance did i have :biglaugh:

come on then who do you support???

i come from Northern Ireland mate, george best, norman whiteside etc etc what chance did i have :biglaugh:

come on then who do you support???

Tricky one, in order:

Cowboys (footie, rugby, NRL, its all the same thing)....its a local thing

Queensland, Origin Rugby league...hell yeh, gooooooo Marones (no idea what a 'marone' is tho?)

England.... cricket...cos i do and its so worth the bragging rights:jiggy:

England.... Rugby league, just so i don't support the Aussies

Townsville Fury...now that really is local and definitely 'soccer', and not very good

The Crocs....Basketball, its a local and you really don't get a choice otherwise Pricey will have words (Pricey is the local radio celeb, nobody argues with Pricey):wideeyed:

Chelsea football/soccer...don't even go near footie/soccer debate when you get here

And i have no idea what the hell Aussie rules/footie is about:nah:

And really trying hard to support the Aussies in most other things...but really not succeeding....apart from Womens netball, now theres a sport

Tricky one, in order:

Cowboys (footie, rugby, NRL, its all the same thing)....its a local thing

Queensland, Origin Rugby league...hell yeh, gooooooo Marones (no idea what a 'marone' is tho?)

England.... cricket...cos i do and its so worth the bragging rights:jiggy:

England.... Rugby league, just so i don't support the Aussies

Townsville Fury...now that really is local and definitely 'soccer', and not very good

The Crocs....Basketball, its a local and you really don't get a choice otherwise Pricey will have words (Pricey is the local radio celeb, nobody argues with Pricey):wideeyed:

Chelsea football/soccer...don't even go near footie/soccer debate when you get here

And i have no idea what the hell Aussie rules/footie is about:nah:

And really trying hard to support the Aussies in most other things...but really not succeeding....apart from Womens netball, now theres a sport

thats quite a list :biggrin:

i do enjoy most sport and am still enjoying the fact Ireland spanked the Aussies in the rugby world cup :biglaugh:

we do intend to get into the local teams when we arrive and cant wait now to hear this DJ Pricey

also have found out about the v8s and the race track in Townsville, when in Northern Ireland i used to race stockcars and also love all other motor sport, so Townsville seems to have plenty of sport to keep me entertained, just cant wait now to get out there :jiggy: