newly arrived family in CBD Brissie

Guest can36

Would like to meet up with anyone around this vicinity! We have 2 little boys 3.5 and 20 months...

We're in an apartment in the CBD at the mo, but looking to get together with some folks to make friends and glean a bit local knowledge :)

Looking to move in 2 or 3 weeks into our own rented place (or perhaps a holiday park until our shipping container arrives!)

Please get in touch - thanks

Andy & Michelle

HI

We have bee here nearly 3 years - 3 boys - 7 - 3.5 - youngest just gone 2 and a little girl just 6 months :)

We are North Brisbane - Bracken Ridge

Dont know heaps about the area - just my local knowledge (getting from A-B without getting lost is a bonus for me LOL)

fire any questions to me anytime - PM me if you want to too

HI

We have bee here nearly 3 years - 3 boys - 7 - 3.5 - youngest just gone 2 and a little girl just 6 months :)

We are North Brisbane - Bracken Ridge

Dont know heaps about the area - just my local knowledge (getting from A-B without getting lost is a bonus for me LOL)

fire any questions to me anytime - PM me if you want to too

P.S WELCOME TO Brissie :)

Would like to meet up with anyone around this vicinity! We have 2 little boys 3.5 and 20 months...

We're in an apartment in the CBD at the mo, but looking to get together with some folks to make friends and glean a bit local knowledge :)

Looking to move in 2 or 3 weeks into our own rented place (or perhaps a holiday park until our shipping container arrives!)

Please get in touch - thanks

Andy & Michelle

welcome guys hope you are finding your way around ok . I have older children but have friends with different age children . Happy for you to ask questions etc if I dont know the answer will do my best to find it . please shout if can help

We are in the Medina apartments right next to the Story Bridge on Ivory Lane. It's ok - but it's corporate accommodation just for a month whilst we find our feet. Just trying to get sorted with some transport - car hire - it's a nightmare trying to do a proper shopping in the CBD - espec without a car! Damn expensive too!! lol...Are looking to find some rental accommodation (unfurnished) for the end of our month in these apartments - so just trying to research the different suburbs...want somewhere with loads of parks for the kids...there's not a lot down here in the CBD for them. Anyone know what Newmarket is like?? Or can anyone recommend good suburbs to have a look at?? Partner will be working in Fortitude Valley - so doesn't want a overly lengthy commute to work as the hours will be long as it is.

Have any of you guys been to any Pom meet-ups at all in the area?

Cheers

Andy & Michelle

We are in the Medina apartments right next to the Story Bridge on Ivory Lane. It's ok - but it's corporate accommodation just for a month whilst we find our feet. Just trying to get sorted with some transport - car hire - it's a nightmare trying to do a proper shopping in the CBD - espec without a car! Damn expensive too!! lol...Are looking to find some rental accommodation (unfurnished) for the end of our month in these apartments - so just trying to research the different suburbs...want somewhere with loads of parks for the kids...there's not a lot down here in the CBD for them. Anyone know what Newmarket is like?? Or can anyone recommend good suburbs to have a look at?? Partner will be working in Fortitude Valley - so doesn't want a overly lengthy commute to work as the hours will be long as it is.

Have any of you guys been to any Pom meet-ups at all in the area?

Cheers

Andy & Michelle

Hey,

We havent been to any meets - but just 3 weeks after arriving met a british lady on the walk to school and she has become one of my closest friends here and led to meeting more pomme pals and have a few aussies in there too . I dont know newmarket - sorry. Hubbies work was northside so we based ourselves in bracken ridge which i really have settled in. There are alot of pomme families on here too i believe. From Bald hills the nearest station i would say its about a 30-40 minute commute to F.Valley on the train.

Carseldine, Aspley, Chermside are all subhurbds besides ours that i have friends in and hear lots of nice things about the areas and great for familes with the parks. PLUS a big Westfield shopping centre on gympie road close too (would say its a little smaller than meadowhall for comparrison but that only my opinion) BUT again looking at probably 30-40 minute commute to the valley i think.

Hope this helps a little

Guest Blackie

Hi, myself and my partner moved here at the end of June. We have a 17 month old daughter. We lived at Bridgewater Terraces apartments, near the Storey Bridge for 6 weeks, and have now moved into a rental house in Carina. My partner works at the Mater hospital near the CBD and he bikes into work from home, takes about 15/20 mins. Carina is a really nice area, nice parks, Clem Jones sports centre, Westfield shopping centre are all on our doorstep. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions, and if you want to meet up.

Guest joannemhoughton

Hi I've been in Brisbane a year now endive near Manly we have a 10yr and 3yr old girls and happy to meet up and keen to make new friends. We researched many areas but looked at the school.performance then the immediate catchment area for a suitable rental, massive task all done kn the nett fro. the UK.

Guest Rockerdaddy

Hi,

We live in Kallangur, North Brisbane. We have been here almost a year and have a boy who is 3 and a girly who is 2. My wife is Australian, but I am from the UK.

Would love to hear from you.

Roland and Amanda

Just a quick reply to everyone - to say thanks!!!! :) We will be getting in touch soon and hope to meet up with those of you who have said you would be keen to do so. We are just trying to sort out a mobile phone and some permanent internet - then we can make some arrangements. And also thanks for the info on the burbs...have just clocked an advert on Tv for Brisbane Rentals which is on tomorrow night - looks like just the kinda viewing we need!! ;)

Cheers

Andy & Michelle

Hi all - thought we had posted this - but for some reason the reply has disappeared!! Just wanted to say thanks for the replies - we are just getting sorted today with permanent internet (where we don't have to pay our apartments $200!!! for the privilege!!) and a mobile and once we're sorted - we'll defo be getting in touch with folks to try and meet up, get some gen on the areas and yeah...try and make some "mates"!! :D

Be in touch soon and thanks again!

Cheers

Andy & Michelle