Newbie to forum and newbie to emigrating

Tappers2oz

Hi everyone, whilst looking for somewhere useful to find info on emigrating and the cost of living etc etc i came across many websites/forums but after only a minute or so of looking here i knew this was the one i wanted to join.

So, our story. We are a family of 4 currently, 2 adults and 2 young kids. We tried to move to NSW a few years ago but DH's job didn't pan out so that was a no no. He is now applying for the WA amb service (that's what he does here) in hopes they will accept him instead.

I have constantly ummmm'd and errrrr'd with regards to moving since we first applied, then we got rejected and it was quite a let down.

Obviously if we emigrate we will be leaving family behind and (even though we're not particularly close) i know that would really be the last time we see them in the flesh. (Skype is not quite the same). That is something very difficult to get my head around. And i know would break my children's hearts. BUT, ultimately they WOULD have a much better life in Oz then the UK.

Anyway, that's a little about us. I look forward to getting to know you all.

• 6 months later...

Hi Tappers2Oz, we are new to this site too and not so far down the road to gettng visa etc, just wanted to say that we have 2 daughers (10 and 6) and also intend to bring our 2 dogs with us to oz. Your the first person i have seen mention they would also like to take their pets over. Good luck

• 1 year later...

were the same we are thinking of moving over i have 5 young boys one is 12 next month,10,7,4,and 5 months and we have 2 pets a dog and a parrot but we would sell the parrot :cry: and would love to take the dog,hubby would rather travel without pets but weve had him since he were 6wks old hes 5 now....i came on here for the same as much info as poss as we dont know were to start good luck :cool: