Advice needed for 175 or 176 (please).

smify

Hi all,

My partner and I are currently deciding whether to go SA SS or Skilled independent 175,

we were just wondering is there a big difference in processing times between the two? We are looking to go as soon as possible if all goes well, but have heard that skilled independent can take years.

I have completed my vetassessment in plumbing and am currently awaiting my results in the IELTS.

We are just wondering if anyone has any advice for us and also what sorts of things you may have included within the SA state sponsorship application.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you Leanne and Simon.:biggrin:

The 176 with SA SS should take about 6 months tops at the moment (if not sooner - looking at about 2 weeks for a CO once 176 is lodged! :chatterbox:) - IF and WHEN they pigging open SA SS again (sorry, we keep getting conflicting and plain wrong information from SA Gov about this over the past few weeks so are rather impatiently awaiting for it to reopen), whereas the 175 could be more to the 12-24 months level (although more like 12 imho). It just depends if plumbing will be on the new SMP or not I guess.....

The SA SS application is generally very straightforward, its all just facts, apart from the statement of 1000 words (if you are applying online) to say why you want to live in SA - basically just read the SA website and do a bit of research on jobs, the lifestyle there, get an idea of rental/housing costs, and so on - having read a few people's who have been successful there doesn't appear to be a particular style or one thing over another that has been a winner, just people being honest with their research and feelings.

Hope that helps a bit, good luck :)