Job in Milton, any ideas for commutable suburb with good schools

millholl

Hi Guys,

i've been offered sponsorship from a company based in Milton, Brisbane and I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for commutable suburbs with good schools.

For some reason I am assuming as Milton is north of the river that I should be looking for north of the river for easier commute but I'm only guessing on that one.

I would be looking for 3 bed house paying no more than $450-$500 per week. Fairly close to beach would be nice (not essential) and near trainline perhaps travelling no more than 45mins would be ideal.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Guest EEN73

Hi,

The western suburbs are easily commutable and even further out, we live in Augustine Heights)ipswich and my partnet works in milton, he commutes by train (30 min trip on train).

Agree with Western Suburbs. Indooropilly has train service to Milton. Belbowrie, Kenmore, Chapel Hill all nice areas and depending on your kids ages, schools nearby are OLR, Kenmore, Brookfield (junior). Excellent private school for girls (high school) is Stuartholme. Paddington or Auchenflower are close to Milton and good suburbs. You could walk to work :wink:

Hi Guys,

i've been offered sponsorship from a company based in Milton, Brisbane and I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for commutable suburbs with good schools.

For some reason I am assuming as Milton is north of the river that I should be looking for north of the river for easier commute but I'm only guessing on that one.

I would be looking for 3 bed house paying no more than $450-$500 per week. Fairly close to beach would be nice (not essential) and near trainline perhaps travelling no more than 45mins would be ideal.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Somewhere on the green line would be handy: http://www.railmaps.com.au/brisbane.htm

Last year I lived a walk away from Milton in Auchenflower for $500/week in a small 3 bedder. You can walk to the CBD from there and next to Rosalie Village and all the cultural/social activities of inner Brisbane.

Next to the excellent Milton State School:

fish-01-albums-misc-picture8369-milton-state-school-across-gregory-park.jpg

A bit further out Indooroopilly has good schools, or Chelmer/Graceville area.

Had a quick drive around Nundah last year and this area on the train, next to schools and Nundah Village look ok: http://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=Nundah&ll=-27.401718,153.057103&spn=0.017431,0.033023&gl=au&layer=c&cbll=-27.401751,153.057334&panoid=bTAhHMuAzONXUIW4iNNf_w&cbp=12,301,,0,7.54&z=16

Maybe someone around there could comment?