Taking the plunge! (well almost)

Guest Martin S

Guest Martin S

Hello all,

My wife and I have decided to join the forum as we are considering moving to Australia. I've spent a few days reading the forum and the amount of information is overwhelming but I have to say, what a great community this is!

Not much else to tell yet as we have not applied for anything and the whole idea is in its infancy. I was hoping someone would be able to give me a few pointers on the process and actually living in Australia but I think I'll save that for another thread.

Happy to be here and..hello!

Martin

Hello all,

My wife and I have decided to join the forum as we are considering moving to Australia. I've spent a few days reading the forum and the amount of information is overwhelming but I have to say, what a great community this is!

Not much else to tell yet as we have not applied for anything and the whole idea is in its infancy. I was hoping someone would be able to give me a few pointers on the process and actually living in Australia but I think I'll save that for another thread.

Happy to be here and..hello!

Martin

:wubclub: Just to say Welcome to Pio Martin

Brides

Hey there. My wife and I just took the "plunge" as well. We decided to go the Migration Agent route and we are VERY happy with that choice and the person working with us.

We decided Australia was were we wanted to be last fall. We've been waiting for the official announcement of the new points test going into effect in July. The new test is actually better for us. With education, experience, age and English (expecting 7s at a minimum..test taken last weekend) my wife gets a 70...but we are still shooting for state sponsored to WA in hopes that it will be quicker in process. We have never been to Australia and don't know anyone there, but the plan is if/when the Visa comes through we pack up and leave where we are now! The hardest part in our mind is leaving our family behind...everything else is inconsequential.