Road trip!

Harpersgirl

Hubby has a week off during the school holidays so we're thinking of heading up to Coral Bay with a couple of stopovers on the way. Thinking of Cevantes for the Pinnacles and then maybe Monkey Mia?

Can anyone recommend any nice kid friendly campsites along the way? Or any other sights or experiences you feel might add to the holiday? :notworthy:

Hubby has a week off during the school holidays so we're thinking of heading up to Coral Bay with a couple of stopovers on the way. Thinking of Cevantes for the Pinnacles and then maybe Monkey Mia?

Can anyone recommend any nice kid friendly campsites along the way? Or any other sights or experiences you feel might add to the holiday? :notworthy:

Make sure you can get in at Coral Bay before you set off. The campsites there are booked up for years in advance. Bayview and Peoples Park are the 2 campsites there.

Cheers Tony!

We stayed at Coral Bay a couple of times pre little kids (so about 10 years ago) and loved it.... It was my first time snorkelling :biggrin:

Bit scared it'll be a bit more commercial than we remember it tho lol

Still not commercial, nothing changes up there. We go every Easter and have done for 6 years. Not a lot is different since the first time we went.

Guest hughielewis

Now that the coast road is in, Cervantes is only 2 hours north of Perth so you can do the pinnacles and get further north all in one day. I quite like cervantes and the pinnacles are well worth a look but i wouldn't bother staying overnight. I'd get going early, get to the pinnacles, have a late lunch in dongara or Geraldton (quality pie shop in dongara!) and then make your first stop Kalbarri.

Kalbarri is well worth a couple of days. i like Kalbarri Tudor Caravan Park as well

http://www.wilddownunder.com/accommodation/Kalbarri-Tudor-Holiday-Park.php

as it's just off the main street but still very close to everything. the owners there were lovely when we stayed over Christmas.

From Kalbarri it's 4 hours to monkey mia, if you've a proper 4wd take a drive into Francois Peron National Park, it's fantastic if you like wildlife. And then from Monkey Mia it's 6 hours to Coral Bay if you can make that in one go. The carnarvon parks are nice but it's only 2 hours to Coral Bay from there so i always tend to blast on through.

If you're going during school holidays book early, chances are Coral Bay will be full, Exmouth 150kms further north has a lot more capacity.