I miss Tassie sooooo bad!!!!

annagilda

That's it really, I traveled round Australia last year a s a Backpacker, and got stuck In Tassie. Loved it soooo much, cried when I left.

I'm working on a master plan to get back though.

Sorry for wasting your time, it's just my fammily and friends dont understand, and I know you guys will.

P.S Tassie has to be one of the best places on the plannet!!! (incase you hadn't realised LOL!)

Guest guest37336
That's it really, I traveled round Australia last year a s a Backpacker, and got stuck In Tassie. Loved it soooo much, cried when I left.

I'm working on a master plan to get back though.

Sorry for wasting your time, it's just my fammily and friends dont understand, and I know you guys will.

P.S Tassie has to be one of the best places on the plannet!!! (incase you hadn't realised LOL!)

Hi Annagilda.

I know exactly what you mean, never been to Tassie myself, will do though. But I feel the same about a lot of Australia that I have been privileged to live/work/visit.

Very difficult as you say to explain to people who haven't had the same experiences, but my best advice is this.

KEEP BANGING on about it, sooner or later the message 'may' get through, if not just set up an Aussie room in your house, you know, posters, books, sun lamps, and the like then when having a real bad, 'Missing Australia Day' just sit in there and bask,:yes:.

There are loads on here who do live in Tassie and I am sure they will agree with your sentiments,:yes:.

Cheers Tony.:cool:

Thanks Tony, really appreciate your post. Yeah, your right, they just don't get it. I don't expect them to understand because they weren't there, experiencing the things I did, and when I keep going on about it, and Australia as a whole, I can see their eyes glazing over.

I have a map of Aus in my room, and a few Ozzy things. I also have photos of Tasmania on my phone and whenever I loose aight of why im working so hard, I just have a browse through them and it spurs me on to keep at the plan.

Guest guest37336
Thanks Tony, really appreciate your post. Yeah, your right, they just don't get it. I don't expect them to understand because they weren't there, experiencing the things I did, and when I keep going on about it, and Australia as a whole, I can see their eyes glazing over.

I have a map of Aus in my room, and a few Ozzy things. I also have photos of Tasmania on my phone and whenever I loose aight of why im working so hard, I just have a browse through them and it spurs me on to keep at the plan.

Hi Annagilda.

I keep banging on about Australia to all and sundry, bet hey ho.

It's very difficult to explain just what Australia means to me and I dare say you as well. It is NOT the more 'peripheral' things, it is far deeper than that, much much deeper. Something that touches my very soul matey, I know, a bit over sentimental Anna, but it is something that I truly believe in and will do till my dying day,:embarrassed:.

Stick to the plan matey, well worth it and the very best of luck to you in the journey.:jiggy:

I will stop there before I completely do lally, but I DO understand whet you are saying my friend,:yes:.

Cheers Tony.:wink:

Yes, I understand perfectly. Tassie is a place which can creep into and grab a hold of your soul, often without you realising it until you have to leave. I wasn't born here but I couldn't imagine living anywhere else in Australia - it just has a different feel to it. I love flying back over Bass Strait and glimpsing that first sight of Tassie - I know I'm coming home.

Many artists, writers, crafts and other creative people move here because they say there is a spirit here which inspires their creative juices.

Guest siamsusie

I will take some photographs where you were staying in our village in the next day or so Annagilda especially for you:wubclub:.. You will be back dont worry.

love Susie xx

• 1 month later...
Guest ripper

Hi My wife is Tasmanian and left to move to UK. I came to Tas for a visit with her to see where she came from in 2008 and we not left. AMAZING place to live. Can be a bit groundhog day some days but it depends on what you like to do in your spare time. Thought you might like a post stating a bit of Tassie for you. Funny cause my wife wants to go back to UK even though its a mess back there at moment, I love Tassie like yourself, I guess because we aren't from here we can see the beauty in it. Do you think you will be back one day. Do you mind me asking what you love so much about tassie?

:smile:

Guest siamsusie

I feel the same about the island Ripper and welcome to Poms In Oz.

I cant imagine living elsewhere right now.

Whereabouts are you?

Susie x

My husband too is Australian and lived and worked in Tassie for 13 years.His son was also born there. It's the only state in Australia that he would consider moving back to (if we ever did).I myself have never been, but often listen to him talking about it. The scenery and the people, and he says it's like stepping back in time, where the pace of life is a wee bit slower and how it used to be years ago.

My in laws are in Adelaide, but holiday in Tassie as often as they can, visiting a nephew who is still there.I'm determined to get there for a visit, but we will be remaining in the UK for the foreseeable future. :biggrin:PS One of the old "Spirit of Tasmania" ferries is now in the UK crossing the North Sea from Newcastle to Amsterdam every other day!..now called Princess Seaways

Hi Ripper, Sorry it took me a while to reply.

Thanks to Susie for allerting to me the fact I had missed your post!

I am so glad you are loving Tasmania! I am not sure how to explain why I love it so much. I just love the natural beuty, the outdoor activities you can do. I love the old wooden cottages, and the fact that the weather still warants a woodburner.

I love the People, I love the Seasons, I love the buildings. I love the community feeling. I love the fact that I was treated like a long lost friend who had every right to be there by people I had never met before.

I loved the fact that even though, I am disabled, I was able to do whatver I wanted, and no-one made a fuss. This even included working on a farm, and being tuaght how to use heavy machinery. (I have a paunchant for tractors LOL!) I don't think I've ever felt so welcome anywhere else, and I love the fact that whatever I want to do with my life seems possible in Tasmania. I also love the fact that not many other people know about it, and that is part of it's charm!

There are so many other things, but I don't think I could right them all down LOL. I deffinately am going to get back one day. I have a master plan, and I am just starting to kick things off. Give it 6 years, and I will be back in Australia. Give it 7, and I will be back in Tas for sure!

Verulam, You have to get over to Tasmania, even if you only make a holiday out of it! I know that there are things wrong with anywhere, and Tasmania is no exception. There are certainly things that aren't ideal about Australia, and Tasmania, but to me; Tas is as near to Paradise that I think you can get.

I love the fact that one of the DFDS Seaways ships is an ex Tas ship! I never knew that! XxX

Guest siamsusie

The Spirit of Tasmania Cat was very interesting to be a passenger on Skani.

It replaced my beloved Hovercraft and no where near as efficient and sturdy.

Good morning!:hug: what a gorgeous day!

The Spirit of Tasmania Cat was very interesting to be a passenger on Skani.

It replaced my beloved Hovercraft and no where near as efficient and sturdy.

Good morning!:hug: what a gorgeous day!

Not down 'ere, it's not - still grey and drizzly...still saturated firewood :mad:

We did the Dover - Calais route on a Hovercraft: very interesting.

I believe the DevilCat sailings across Bass Strait used to be interesting in a not so comfortable way!

Guest siamsusie
Not down 'ere, it's not - still grey and drizzly...still saturated firewood :mad:

We did the Dover - Calais route on a Hovercraft: very interesting.

I believe the DevilCat sailings across Bass Strait used to be interesting in a not so comfortable way!

I took this about an hour ago Skani, I am sitting outside... doubtless you will pass it back upto me tomorrow.

Mr Siam is working on a friends roof up at Beauty Point in a T shirt and shorts...

I would have loved to have been around to take the boat from Tasmania through to Sydney when it was running, that must have been gorgeous!

Spring is nearly here Skani, then we have all Summer to dry the wood out.:hug:

August 11th 2011 morning in Tasmania 001.jpg

August 11th 2011 morning in Tasmania 002.jpg

August 11th 2011 morning in Tasmania 001.jpg

August 11th 2011 morning in Tasmania 002.jpg

I took this about an hour ago Skani, I am sitting outside... doubtless you will pass it back upto me tomorrow.

Mr Siam is working on a friends roof up at Beauty Point in a T shirt and shorts...

I would have loved to have been around to take the boat from Tasmania through to Sydney when it was running, that must have been gorgeous!

Spring is nearly here Skani, then we have all Summer to dry the wood out.:hug:

If I have any wood left over by summer I have to cart it well away from the house (bushfire fuel) :mad:

I have a few friends who sailed the Sydney - Devonport route and loved it. Years ago there was also a Sydney - Hobart service.

I'll keep your photos open on my desktop - just so I remember what sunshine looks like :wideeyed:

Guest siamsusie
If I have any wood left over by summer I have to cart it well away from the house (bushfire fuel) :mad:

I have a few friends who sailed the Sydney - Devonport route and loved it. Years ago there was also a Sydney - Hobart service.

I'll keep your photos open on my desktop - just so I remember what sunshine looks like :wideeyed:

Ah bushfires Skani, I coudlnt agree more.

The Sydney-Devonport must have been absolutely gorgeous, what a sight sailing into Sydney harbour.