Looking to meet new friends in Newtown, Sydney..

Guest Laura24english

Guest Laura24english

Hi ladies and gents, I've recently moved to Newtown after breaking up with my partner of 7 years and want to meet some new friends in Newtown or surrounding areas to socialize with. I've been in oz 2 1/2 years, I'm 24 and originate from Cheshire in the UK. Please message if your in a similar situation or want to expand your social network?

Hope to hear from you!

Laura

Guest Hatters t
Hi ladies and gents, I've recently moved to Newtown after breaking up with my partner of 7 years and want to meet some new friends in Newtown or surrounding areas to socialize with. I've been in oz 2 1/2 years, I'm 24 and originate from Cheshire in the UK. Please message if your in a similar situation or want to expand your social network?

Hope to hear from you!

Laura

Hi Laura my name is Tanya i have been in oz for nearly a year now and am also trying to meet new people my age i am also from Cheshire, not to sure where Newtown is but i live in Caringbah in the Sutherland shire Where abouts in cheshire are you from?

Guest jimmy h

hi laura. sorry to here about your relationship break up..... so you living in newtown. i'm living in newtown myself. erskineville rd. not sure if you know it. any how if you wanna meet up for coffee. i have a night out planned next weekend if you wanna come. let me know. have a good week!!! jimmy

Guest jimmy h

hi laura. how you doing, sorry to here about your break up. hope your ok. i've been living here for about 4 years now. i'm from carlisle. i've not tryed this site before. so abit new to it all, if you want to meet up for coffee and a chat, let me know. i live just off king st. will catch up with you soon.

Guest Kat2k

Hi all,

First off...Laura...so sorry to hear about your break up, that must be tough after a 7 year stint...but chin up hon. Someone once told me things happen for a reason (strangely after I was getting over a break-up too) and you know what...it does take time...but you will start feeling better.....just keep getting out there and taking your mind off things and above all...have fun :-)

In the meantime....don't know if I'm come upon this thread too late, but I'm a newby to Sydney too, looking to meet new people and get out and have fun times. Name's Kat - 27, arrived last saturday would you believe, so completely fresh to the place! Still, loving all that Sydney's got to offer, just trying to reign in my spending till my first paycheck comes through ;-) Tricky...

Anyway, if anyone is interested in meeting up for a random drink/chat/cinema anything else with a view to making some new friendships in the area feel free to drop me a message. I'm really into my outdoor activities - paintballing, hiking, camping etc (I could bore you with a list as long as my arm). But equally love chilling out with drinks, food places..and of course, in front of a good movie!

Laters guys....

Guest jimmy h

hi Kat.

hope youtr enjoying the weekend. listen i'm meeting up with friends think in kellys bar on king st, if you feel like watching it over afew drinks. will see you in there. enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Guest Kat2k

Awww Jimmy thanks for the invite - I woulda been interested in coming, but I was actually down at Darling Harbour on saturday enjoying the fireworks...apparently they happen pretty regularly so I'm obviously still very much in the 'tourist' phase! Ah well! :-)

Still if there are any other meetups happening, please drop me a line, would be cool to hang out with some new people!

:-)

Guest jimmy h

hi kat....

hope you've been enjoying the long weekend. i'm meeting acouple of friends in kellys for state of origin, thats on the wed night. 7pm. if your interested come along, be up stairs. if not.... will let you know if i have any other nights happening. do have my birthday saturday coming 18th june. if you wanna come along. going into the city. be afew friends and there partners. what ever you like. see how you go for state of origin. hope for a NSW win. you know its rugby yeah..... ha ha

Guest Laura24english

Hi guys,

Thank you for replying to my post :-)

It would be great to organise a catch up sometime.

Anyone keen for a drink next friday?

Guest Kat2k

Jimmy -

Thanks for the invite, I seem doomed not be able to get there at the moment though; I'm actually moving into a flat on wednesday eve after work...so I'm afraid I'll have to give it a miss...hopefully if there is another invite forthcoming I won't be already booked up...BUT...

Laura I am available on friday if you and/or anyone else fancies meeting up somewhere for a drink/chat all good :-) We'll have to decipher some random code so I can recognise who you are :biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jas0783

Hi guys, I am a newbie too, I just arrived from Bournemouth a couple of weeks ago. I'm currently staying in Erskinville with my brother. I don't really know anyone except him, so would love to make new friends and go out for a drink.

Is any one planning anything?

Guest Tara McCafferty

Hi how are you, I'm new to this site and was wondering if you guys were organising a meet up anytime soon? You all sound like my kinda people! I too havejust separated from my husband of 15yrs! I'm 28 and where I live everyone is alot older and don't seem to want to ever go out!

I live out in Kellyville Ridge (about 30mins from the city) but am willing to come and meet you all.

Hope ur all well speak soon

Tara

Guest Kat2k

Right guys, not seeming much movement here, why don't we organise something? I'm kinda busy this weekend.....and weekdays tend to be out for me at the mo..getting used to the job and so on. but see no reason why we shouldn't all meet up somewhere for a drink next weekend...who is free? And where do u reckon...somewhere central would be cool for me as I'm over in Newington (near the olympic Park).

Anyone interested PM me and we can exchange numbers....I suppose I shouldn't really put it on here.

(I assume drinks and chat is good first up...can always get into something more adventurous if it turns out we get on and don't want to kill each other :-) )

HAHA!!

Guest Laura24english

Hi guys, I'm keen to catch up, anyone free this week after work? Maybe Wednesday, at somewhere like kelly's in Newtown?

Let me know your thoughts?

Laura x

Guest Tara McCafferty

Hi I've tried to pm u kat but I'm not sure it's going through? I'm in north Sydney sat morning if anyone wants to meet up somewhere sat morning/arvo? Was thinking maybe meeting at the opera bar In Circular quay if that's easy for everyone to get to?

Let me know

Tara

Guest Kat2k

Hi Guys...

First up - Hey Tara; yeah I don't seem to have got anything come through from you...nevermind, am here now. I'm booked up in the evening, but could defo make it down to the Opera Bar for a morning hhot choc/tea/coffee (do they even serve that?) or drink over lunch if that suits anybody? :-)

Afraid I'm a bit booked up nights this week so far...no nothing exciting...just work stuff! HAHA but would be great to meet a few of you, hopefully get along and start planning the next adventure :-)

Further to my earlier comment, i don't actually think any of you are axe murderers and are going to hunt me down so my mob number is below if you want to organise anything in more detail..but opera bar sounds cool to me :-) (If the morning/midday timing is ok for you? Fingers crossed the weather holds, it was GORGEOUS being out and about last weekend!!)

Number -

Guest Kat2k

Ok Guys,

tara and I have made an executive decision.....

This saturday, Opera Bar at 12.30pm.....yeah that's around lunchtime guys and gels....we can sit and drink....something.....or if it rains, i guess we find somewhere under cover...but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the sun!

Everyone welcome....the more the merrier :-)

(P.s I'll be the short blonde girl probably either sitting or standing somewhere looking around for other people who appear to be a bit random and hunting for people! Unfortunately I don't possess a crazy hat or other random item to wear/wave around to draw attention to myself) :biglaugh:

Kat x

Guest Tara McCafferty

Kat n I have arranged to meet at the opera bar for 12:30 Sat arvo if anyone else is interested in coming along?

Hopefully see you all there

Tara

Add me on Facebook if you want to come along (so u know what i look like!) and I'll PM u my number as the pm on here isn't workin on my account! :0(

My profile pic is of my two little girls ;0)

Guest Tara McCafferty

Kat I didn't c that u had already written a post about sat til after I had ;0)

I'll have pink sunnies on (if te weathers nice, fingers crossed!) and I hve dark brown hair! Cu sat x

Guest Kat2k

Hahahahaha no worries, double the posting, double the attendance....maybe,....although I have no idea how many people are active in this forum :-)

Guest Tara McCafferty

Hi dee the more the merrier.

My number is 0433662839 incase you wanna call or txt coz we don't know what each other looks like!

Cu saturday ;0)

Guest Kat2k

Hey dee & company!!

As Tara said -the more the merrier! Hope there'll be sun!!

See y'all then.....my number is on a few posts above

Kat x