Isn't it sad, or not?

whichway

As I look through this site and the different forums so many people are sad and lost and lonely. Yea there are others who are happy and celebrating where they live and their choices. Others still who are excited and waiting for a change that will mean the beginning of new experiences and a new life down under or back home. I haven't been a member of this site for very long but since I have I feel like I have a bit of a place to go (which might sound a bit sad I don't know). A place to go when there is no one to talk to and my partner doesn't understand, a place where most people do want to be kind and helpful to one another. It's also a place where I laugh too when I look at some of the posts. I love that through this website i have seen support for each other as fellow Britons. In this site we can be friends. But yet still when I am out and about, living my non computer life I still have few people to talk to. If I see a Briton on my travels and admit that I am not happy here I often end up feeling stupid or inferior for not grasping this wonderful experience that is Oz (i'm not denying that is partly my fault for being jealous that they have embraced this life), but are those people really that happy? Anyway, for the people who are in pain, I feel for you and I'm glad you have a place to come to and I sincerely hope it gets better. For the people who help them I thank you very much. For the people who make me laugh I thank you too.:smile:

• Like 1

Guest Ph0en1x
As I look through this site and the different forums so many people are sad and lost and lonely. Yea there are others who are happy and celebrating where they live and their choices. Others still who are excited and waiting for a change that will mean the beginning of new experiences and a new life down under or back home. I haven't been a member of this site for very long but since I have I feel like I have a bit of a place to go (which might sound a bit sad I don't know). A place to go when there is no one to talk to and my partner doesn't understand, a place where most people do want to be kind and helpful to one another. It's also a place where I laugh too when I look at some of the posts. I love that through this website i have seen support for each other as fellow Britons. In this site we can be friends. But yet still when I am out and about, living my non computer life I still have few people to talk to. If I see a Briton on my travels and admit that I am not happy here I often end up feeling stupid or inferior for not grasping this wonderful experience that is Oz (i'm not denying that is partly my fault for being jealous that they have embraced this life), but are those people really thathappy? IAnyway, for the people who are in pain, I feel for you and I'm glad you have a place to come to. For the people who help them I thank you very much. For the people who make me laugh I thank you too.:smile:

Nice articulate post, good luck to you too

Guest siamsusie

Hi Whichway,

Having being brought up in an army family always on the move in the world, I know exactly where you are coming from. Finally I have found my niche in this world here in Tasmania and yes I am very happy here.. but I do realise that not everyone finds that Australia is their cup of tea.. they want to go home plain and simple! Which ever way people are travelling they deserve support.

One of our members here Dawny always has my full respect, she didnt stay long but she has a very healthy attitude in my opinion with her experiences of migration... No side to her at all! You are always guaranteed a good listening ear with the girl.

Its good you have a forum to come to just to sound off, thats what it is all about.

Good luck to you.

love Susie x

Hi Whichway and thank you for a great post. I have been around this forum for years ,probably way to long really,lol, but it does get addictive,lol. Like you say sometimes its makes you laugh and other times makes you want to scream,lol but i have met some great people off here and have made some good friends. The fact that whenever someone needs help there will be a member along to offer support is fantastic and although this forum has tripled in size from when i first joined it still manages to keep that family feel to it,,so here's to many more happy days on PIO and remember there will always be someone willing to listen and try to help.

Cal x