Advocado

tonyman

we really didnt take to this fruit 4yrs ago but after a recent dinner with friends they came up with advacado, chicken ,bacon and potato with a cheesy /chilli sauce and was spot on....so this week ive bought 5 advacao`s as they are suppose to be so good for you....?and will be healthy as ...........:yes:

Guest Ph0en1x

Hi Tony

I adore Avacados, they are extreemly good for you they are a great source of vitamins A, several B-complex, C, and E, as well as phosphorus and magnesium. They’re also a great source of antioxidants like vitamins E and C as well as Sodium and potassium

Hi Tony

I adore Avacados, they are extreemly good for you they are a great source of vitamins A, several B-complex, C, and E, as well as phosphorus and magnesium. They’re also a great source of antioxidants like vitamins E and C as well as Sodium and potassium

thanks phonen1x .....you gotta work in a fast food shop........?

Avocados are yum! I like them chopped up in to small chunks, diced tomatoes, finely diced red onion and fresh coriander all mixed up in a bowl, then a bit of olive oil, some lime juice, garlic puree and chilli mixed up as a dressing with salt and pepper and drizzled over the salad. I also like them mashed up with salt and pepper and a few prawns.

Avocados are awesome. But as some people have said, they must be ripe and you must put black pepper on them.

edit: they are quite fatty though. I know people say "its good fat", but if you eat too many, that good fat will still go straight to your arse :D

Guest siamsusie

Thai tomato, avocado and prawn salad

• 250gm green prawns, deveined
  • 1 kaffir lime leaf, finely shredded
  • 2 tbsp lime juice
  • ¼ cup red capsicum, finely diced
  • 2 tbsp spring onion, finely sliced
  • ¼ tsp green chilli, finely minced (optional)
  • Pinch of sea salt
  • 1 punnet of cherry tomatoes (250gm), halved
  • ½ avocado, sliced finely
  • 1 Lebanese cucumber, cut into cubes
  • 2 tbsp Thai basil finely sliced
  • 1 tbsp coriander, roughly chopped

Method

Prepare the prawns, by placing them into a small pot of boiling water and simmer for 3 minutes or until cooked. Drain and allow to cool.

Stir together the lime leaf, lime juice, red capsicum, spring onion, chili and sea salt. Place this into a salad bowl and gently add the tomatoes, avocado, cucumber, herbs and prawns. Stir well and serve at room temperature.

Serves 4

Knowing how you like your chilli, this recipe is delicious. x