Hi there!!

gills

Hi,

I am new to the forum and to Australia, I moved to Westmead two weeks ago and would like to meet people in the Sydney/Westmead area. I moved here form Yorkshire and i am working at the children's hospital as a nurse.

I like meeting new people and would love to know of things i can do on my days off.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Gill x

Guest siamsusie

A big welcome from us on Poms in Oz Gill.

I am sure you will receive some great answers from members on this site for you.

Susie x

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ph0en1x
Hi,

I am new to the forum and to Australia, I moved to Westmead two weeks ago and would like to meet people in the Sydney/Westmead area. I moved here form Yorkshire and i am working at the children's hospital as a nurse.

I like meeting new people and would love to know of things i can do on my days off.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Gill x

Hi Gill, welcome to Westmead, my wife is a cardiac nurse at Westmead

• 3 months later...

hi there, i'm really sorry, but have just got messages you sent in May, i don't know why i didn't get them before but if you are still around and want to meet up it would be lovely. I'm still in westmead and finding my feet, not quite what i thought it would be but it's going ok. Again i'm really sorry for not replying before.

Gill

Guest ozzielinz

Hi Gill, not sure when you posted your last message but thought i would say hi anyway! Im new to Poms in Oz, my husband, 2 year old son and I move to Sydney in 5 weeks, emotions are all over the place!! Im a nurse too, although with adults. How are you settling in? All good i hope :)

Lindsay

Hi Gill, not sure when you posted your last message but thought i would say hi anyway! Im new to Poms in Oz, my husband, 2 year old son and I move to Sydney in 5 weeks, emotions are all over the place!! Im a nurse too, although with adults. How are you settling in? All good i hope :)

Lindsay

hi Lindsay, i bet emotions are all over the place, there will be lots to sort and saying bye to friends and family was the hardest thing for me but skype is the best thing ever being able to see everyone as well as talk to them makes a heap of difference.

Where are you moving from and where abouts are moving to? Will you be working when you get here?

Hopefully we can meet up when you get here and any questions please ask and i will do my best to help you.

I struggled a lot when i first got here, just finding where to buy things etc. things are a little easier now but still finding my feet.

Good luck with the move and hope to meet you and your family soon.

Guest ozzielinz
hi Lindsay, i bet emotions are all over the place, there will be lots to sort and saying bye to friends and family was the hardest thing for me but skype is the best thing ever being able to see everyone as well as talk to them makes a heap of difference.

Where are you moving from and where abouts are moving to? Will you be working when you get here?

Hopefully we can meet up when you get here and any questions please ask and i will do my best to help you.

I struggled a lot when i first got here, just finding where to buy things etc. things are a little easier now but still finding my feet.

Good luck with the move and hope to meet you and your family soon.

Hi Gill,

Thanks for your message. We are moving from Edinburgh, my husband is from London but has been up here for 6 years now. We are moving to Manly initially as my parents live there, but we won't be able to afford to stay there so not sure where we will end up yet! My brother and his wife and kids live in Queenscliff (close to Manly) so I know we're lucky to have that support as soon as we get there. Doesn't make saying goodbye to family and friends here any easier though!!

Would be great to meet up with you when we get over there!

Did you move over on your own? What made you make the move? How are you finding working in Oz? I think that is my biggest fear! Getting all the paperwork organised to register to practice has been a nightmare!

At the moment i just want to be on the plane, all the goodbyes are looming and freaking me out a bit!!

Speak soon,

Lindsay

• 3 months later...

Hi Gill,

I have just been offered a job at Westmead Children's Hospital. Which ward do you work on? Can you tell me what the hospital is like? I am planning on moving out at the end of October 2012 if my visa comes through quick. Is the Westmead area nice to live? I don't drive so would have to look at this for commute to work? Also do you know of any reasonable priced short term accommodation? It would be great to meet up once I get there. Tracey

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Lindsay, Well i'm guessing you and your family are now here in Australia. Hope you like what you've seen so far and are settling in, it takes a while!!! I'm just feeling a little settled and happier here and i've been here since March last year. If you're free anytime and would like to meet for a coffee and chat then it would be lovely to meet up with a fellow brit!! I know you said you have family here so you have plenty of people to help you with any questions you have.

Take care and welcome

Gill x

Hey there my name is Pauline, I am moving to Sydney late march early April and will be working at westmeads children's. Really excited and scared at the same time would love to meet others in the same boat. Where have you decided to live I really wanted to live in manly but have decided its too far to travel, so have been looking at balmain, leichardt and a few others. I'm comin over with my bf were from Manchester and wanna live somewhere where there are some decent pubs and restaurants want to make the most of working mon - fri seeing as I've bin doin shifts for years.What is it like at Westmeads? Cheers Pauline

Hi Pauline, Good luck with the move i know how scary and emotional a time you'll be having. At least you'll have your boyfriend with you. What is it you both do? i know you said you'll be working at the children's. I'm living in Westmead so not really very good on places to live, but the nearer to the city the more action there is. It's taken me a while to settle but do feel now that i could stay for a while longer, not forever but long enough to get the most out of it. Get in touch when you get here and get over the jet lag and we'll meet for a drink.

There's nothing in Westmead but hospitals, but plenty in the surrounding areas. Sorry probably not being very helpful but any questions please ask and i'll try and answer them for you.

All the best

Gill

Hey there my name is Pauline, I am moving to Sydney late march early April and will be working at westmeads children's. Really excited and scared at the same time would love to meet others in the same boat. Where have you decided to live I really wanted to live in manly but have decided its too far to travel, so have been looking at balmain, leichardt and a few others. I'm comin over with my bf were from Manchester and wanna live somewhere where there are some decent pubs and restaurants want to make the most of working mon - fri seeing as I've bin doin shifts for years.What is it like at Westmeads? Cheers Pauline

Hi Pauline,

I have been offered a job at Westmead Children's as well, on Variety ward. Where will you be working? I am planning on moving at the end of october if the visa process goes okay. Would be great to meet up once I am here. Good luck with the move. Have just received an email with all the pre-employment forms, not sure how to fill them all out yet as don't have visa. Can I ask, does the hospital accept the ACRO police clearance form or do I have to get a second police clearance done, or is their criminal check form enough that they have sent me? The 100 point ID, what did you use, do you use your English address for verification as there is no Australian address yet? Tracey