Schools in Port Noarlunga

Guest Ddebs

Guest Ddebs

Hi everyone, my name is Debs and i have just joined this site.

My partner already lives in Port Noarlunga and I am due to join him there mid August with my son who is 11 ( Year 6). I have already got a provisional place in Port Noarlunga Primary but I would welcome any input on secondary (high) schools around that way. I looked at Cardijn College but given that they are full with a waiting list and that a religious background is preferred, it's unlikely he will get in there. I would really appreciate anyones opinions or experiences with any of the other local high schools in the area.:biggrin:

Thanks..

Debs

Hi

Dont know anything about Port Noarlunga as never been before, but i've got an 11 year old boy who was supposed to go to high school over here in September, but been told that he'll be at primary all next year now in SA, so think yours will be in same boat. We're flying out mid August too. x

Guest Ddebs
Hi

Dont know anything about Port Noarlunga as never been before, but i've got an 11 year old boy who was supposed to go to high school over here in September, but been told that he'll be at primary all next year now in SA, so think yours will be in same boat. We're flying out mid August too. x

Yes they told me that they would assess him in Primary and then recommend either an extra year or straight to High school. They did say that often the UK kids skip a year though as our curriculum seems to be a little ahead of Australia. In a way it would be nice for him to do the extra year at Primary it might help him settle in.

Which area are you moving to? x