Which should I choose? 175 or 176

Guest icarus

Guest icarus

I applied for 175 in November 2009 and don't have a CO yet. According to client service chart a CO will probably be dedicated to my file in the next 2-3 months.

To accelerate my application, I applied for SA SS which was approved Yesterday.

But, now I have no idea what to do: wait for 175 or apply for 176?

Choosing 176 might accelerate my application process and increase chances of success but with 175 I'll have the chance to look for a job everywhere.

I'll be happy to hear your comments

• 3 weeks later...
Guest siamsusie

Hi Icarus,

Just moving this over to the Migration thread to see if you can receive any answers.

Best wishes

Susie x

Guest sivakumar
I applied for 175 in November 2009 and don't have a CO yet. According to client service chart a CO will probably be dedicated to my file in the next 2-3 months.

To accelerate my application, I applied for SA SS which was approved Yesterday.

But, now I have no idea what to do: wait for 175 or apply for 176?

Choosing 176 might accelerate my application process and increase chances of success but with 175 I'll have the chance to look for a job everywhere.

I'll be happy to hear your comments

Hi, my advice is this. If you can find a job in SA immediately and feel SA has better employability for your occupation or relatives/friends, you go with 176. If you are not sure with the employability in SA for your occupation, better wait for 175 to come through as it will allow you relocate wherever you want within Australia. Under 176, you will have to live in SA for two years.

The best thing to do will depend on your occupation. If it's on the current SOL, you're in Priority Group 3 and all PG3 175s lodged before January 5 2011 have been allocated to Case Officers and you should hear from a CO any day now.

If on the other hand, you're in PG4, you should definitely apply to have your 175 application changed to a 176 and you won't need to make a new application as you applied before 1 July 2010. If you stick with a 175 application in PG4, goodness only knows when you can expect a visa. I very much doubt if it will be in 2 - 3 months.