Visa labels yes or no ......

clan mac

Hi guys,

just wanted to ask out of interest, who sent their passports to Australia house for visa labels to be added. I am keen to do this so that we can evidence our status to banks etc when we eventually get to Oz.

My OH is terrified in case the passports get lost, although I have re-assured him that they will be sent special delivery and returned the same way.

I don't want hassles trying to prove our PR status in Oz and I know that you can always show a copy of your visa grant letter, so just wondered who has done this and how long did it take for the passports to be returned?

Thanks in advance

Lorraine x :hug:

Guest JK2510

Our agent offered to do this for us and he said to allow 2 weeks.

It goes to a zipped bag address then goes to Aussie house. I think that that maybe because of security reasons.

Guest jackfrew

Hi,

We done it. Sent them away special delivery, with a special delivery envelope inside to send back, with postage attached. Sent on Monday 04/04/2011 got them back on Thursday 07/04/2011. Very quick.:wubclub:

Hope this helps,

Sharon,x

Guest GoldCoastMag

We didn't. We were told it was all electronic, and had no problems at all. The medicare office accessed it via the computer and banks etc had no problems, we didnt even show the grant letter although we had it along with the passport.

Obviously others felt reassured by the sticker but although we considered getting it once we arrived just have never found it necessary at all.

good luck

Hi Lorraine

We didn't bother and have had no trouble at all. We have activated our bank account, registered for medicare, got our driving licenses, got a house. No probs. I did worry about not getting sticker too, but it really doesn't seem to be necessary.

Liz x

Thanks to all who replied.

Think I'm gonna send them away. Gill I love this "it is ridiculously to look at" and to that end I want one to gaze at too lol!

Not been on for a while, we are "touching up" bits and pieces in the house & gardens ready for selling.

OH is beginning to wobble a bit, wondering if we are doing the right thing. I keep re-assuring him that we are, after 2 redundancies in 18 months I suppose it's normal to worry?????????

Thanks again guys,

Zumba love

Lorraine xx

Thanks to all who replied.

Think I'm gonna send them away. Gill I love this "it is ridiculously to look at" and to that end I want one to gaze at too lol!

Not been on for a while, we are "touching up" bits and pieces in the house & gardens ready for selling.

OH is beginning to wobble a bit, wondering if we are doing the right thing. I keep re-assuring him that we are, after 2 redundancies in 18 months I suppose it's normal to worry?????????

Thanks again guys,

Zumba love

Lorraine xx

We seem to be at the exact same stage as you lorraine, just sent our passports off on Saturday for the sticker - should have that amazing looking sticker by the end of the week. House went on market 2 weeks ago after a month of touching up, had 2 viewings within a day of putting on market but gone quiet over the easter holidays. Getting the same "wobbles" your feeling, yet so excited, just can't seem to pin down any specific areas we would like to migrate, so far Victor Harbor or somewhere on the south fleurieu coast seems to be ticking our boxes. It's so difficult though having never been before, trying to get an idea of what places are like. Have you narrowed down anywhere to settle?

Hi, we're at same stage too! And also have some wobbles but feel ready to go this week, shame flat not yet on Market! Surveyor coming today for home report then should be on sale next week. Think we have also made dreadful decision to leave my precious cat with my brothers mum in law, a lovely lady who loves cats but not sure we can actually bear to hand her over, oh well we'll see! We're thinking port noarlunga initially but having never been there hard to be sure!

Gill