Aldinga Beach, Myponga Beach

blobby1000

Guest Guest9973
We are thinking of moving over to SA from Melbourne.

What are these two areas like to live and can you commute to the city??

Thank you

Hiya

Aldinga is rapidly expanding,with local amenties catching up now. it's around a 50 min drive to the city,hopefully the new rail line extension to Seaford will help.

Myponga Beach is a lot further away,quite hidden away down a dirt track.

It's a lovely place but rather isolated, I often fish in the waters nearby.

• 1 month later...

Hi, Myponga itself is on the road towards Yankalilla and Cape Jervis where the ferry departs from to go to Kangaroo island. The beach itself is on an unsealed Rd. It's a fair way to the city but would depend on what you want? Aldinga is nice and infrastructure is getting better, but remember, the Southern Expressway is a totally stupid 1 way Rd, taking traffic into the city in morning rush hour mon- fri, and home again down south in the afternoon. However, at weekends it reverses, so bring "city slickers" down to the Fleurieu to enjoy the beaches in the morning, and reverses in the afternoon to take them back north to the city. So, if you live down south (we live in Moana not far from Aldinga) all good Mon- Fri, but total pain at w/e as we have to negotiate the slow south Rd north to the city, with lots of speed cameras. Something to be aware of. We have lived in Moana for 5 years but if I had the choice and the cash, I'd live closer to Adelaide... Just food for thought. It's mighty pretty, but not always practical living with a daft one way Rd!!!