Shipping Company Recommendations

jomac

Hello All,

Any recommendations for shipping companies? We are only moving personal effects - books, clothes, odds and ends, towels, sheets etc.

Have a few quotes from 1st Contact, PSS and Simpsons. Just more concerned really about other people's experiences and reliability of companies.

Moving from West London to Gold Coast.

its difficult to decide isnt it i only ever seem to be able to find negitive feedback for all the copanies who quoted us. But i never know if this feedback is genuine, they may have been difficult customers paying ecconomey prices but wanting first class service..... Good luck we are about to commit now we have sorted a deal with one for free airfeight of two suitcases of clothes.

its difficult to decide isnt it i only ever seem to be able to find negitive feedback for all the copanies who quoted us. But i never know if this feedback is genuine, they may have been difficult customers paying ecconomey prices but wanting first class service..... Good luck we are about to commit now we have sorted a deal with one for free airfeight of two suitcases of clothes.

Can you name this company??? Free air freight of clothes sounds good!

My brothers and I bounce back and forwards between Kent and Sydney ( we have businesses in both ) and have used Bonners several times, been consistantly pleased. One of my brothers stint has just finished and he's on his way back, Bonners work with Grace Removals in Seven Hills just a stones throw from one of our factories.

Guest Bath2Brisbane

Hi Gaz, I too would be very interested in which company you are using, thanks. Nikki

PSS give an offer of free 25kgs air freight, we asked about 2 suitcases each at 20 kgs they said they would look at it. When the quote cameit was only the 25kgs, i called but they claimed i was mistaken and no weight was agreed. Pickfords called me and i told them i was going with PSS. He asked if they could match it would i reconsider. They did, they gave 40kgs free air freight in 2 boxes, and their cost was cheaper so i am using pickfords. And originally they said 3 days to pack, i said it must be done in 2, they agreed.

PSS give an offer of free 25kgs air freight, we asked about 2 suitcases each at 20 kgs they said they would look at it. When the quote cameit was only the 25kgs, i called but they claimed i was mistaken and no weight was agreed. Pickfords called me and i told them i was going with PSS. He asked if they could match it would i reconsider. They did, they gave 40kgs free air freight in 2 boxes, and their cost was cheaper so i am using pickfords. And originally they said 3 days to pack, i said it must be done in 2, they agreed.

Beware of the cost of the free airfreight, we had the offer from PSS but if you read what costs you have to pay in Oz to get your stuff you may question the term 'Free'.

Maybe Pickfords offer is genuine but I would check if you have to pay for inspection, collection or delivery in Oz.

Beware of the cost of the free airfreight, we had the offer from PSS but if you read what costs you have to pay in Oz to get your stuff you may question the term 'Free'.

Maybe Pickfords offer is genuine but I would check if you have to pay for inspection, collection or delivery in Oz.

Thanks for the heads up, i will look deeper.