Disneyland Florida

Sherbetdip23

Hi

Has anyone been to Disneyland Florida? We going on hols there in a few weeks and wondered the best/cheapest way to get park tickets - can't believe how expensive they are through the travel agents:shocked: Maybe they are the same price all over? Just have to bite the bullet I guess if there's no cheaper way of getting them :cool:

Any suggestions appreciated :biggrin:

Hi,

Florida 5 times, and Paris 6 times...... I am a secret disney nut : )

Ok, if you didn't get a magic it your way pass with your holidays, then you will need passes for Disney park, plus Universal studios and Seaworld.

If you let me know how your party is made up, and approx ages of any kids, I can give you some recommendations.

Where are you staying? and do you have a car?? will also be a factor.

Check out www.thedibb.co.uk for loads of info

Peter

Hi,

Florida 5 times, and Paris 6 times...... I am a secret disney nut : )

Ok, if you didn't get a magic it your way pass with your holidays, then you will need passes for Disney park, plus Universal studios and Seaworld.

If you let me know how your party is made up, and approx ages of any kids, I can give you some recommendations.

Where are you staying? and do you have a car?? will also be a factor.

Check out www.thedibb.co.uk for loads of info

Peter

Hi Peter - thanks for the link - looks fab! Will study it in more detail over the weekend!

We have booked a villa in Kissimee and got a car sorted - thanks. There's me, hubby and our two girls aged 8 and 7 :biggrin:

Another disney nut here. Your kids are the perfect age. We went in October with our 7 year old and nearly 4 month old (at the time). The 7 year old was tall enough to ride most things and had no fear. Definitely check out universal but get there early and head straight to wizarding world of harry potter. The queues for forbidden journey soon get really long and that is a ride you don't want to miss. Don't try to pack too much in (you will so that is useless advice) because I promise you one visit will NEVER be enough and you will be desperate to go back!

Have a fantastic time and if there's room for a stowaway I'm on board!

Oh I love Florida been their 4 times, if you like trill rides Universal studio's theme parks are much better than Disney you can get tickets from their website I think I paid $99.00 for a 3 park ticket valid for 7 days that was for islands of adventure, universal studios and sea world ( that price was in 2009).

Disney parks are more geared to the little ones but everyone will enjoy them.

Not to mention all the shopping, make sure you print off all the vouchers before you go.

Premium Outlets: Orlando

Home Page | The Mall at Millenia

Tickets and information for the Universal Orlando Resort

Tickets | Passes | Walt Disney World Resort

Have a great time you will love it.

another disney world mad family, last 8 years we have been 7 times. Its wonderful. If you can stay out of the school holiday times as it can be very busy. The best trip we had was 3 weeks over christmas, wow, what a magical place in december, for small and "big" kids. I talk talk for hours about florida and what to see and do. Likewise where you can save or waste your money. Please feel free to pm me and i will help when i can, if i cannot answer i know who will be able too

Oh I love Florida been their 4 times, if you like trill rides Universal studio's theme parks are much better than Disney you can get tickets from their website I think I paid $99.00 for a 3 park ticket valid for 7 days that was for islands of adventure, universal studios and sea world ( that price was in 2009).

Disney parks are more geared to the little ones but everyone will enjoy them.

Not to mention all the shopping, make sure you print off all the vouchers before you go.

Premium Outlets: Orlando

Home Page | The Mall at Millenia

Tickets and information for the Universal Orlando Resort

Tickets | Passes | Walt Disney World Resort

Have a great time you will love it.

Thanks to everyone for the advice and thanks for the useful links - I shall have a good look at them over the weekend! We only booked it a couple of weeks ago. We figured it would be much easier, cheaper and a quicker flight from this side of the globe! So although it's alot of money to pay out bofore emigrating (not ideal) we thought what the heck - lets just go for it!!! :biggrin: Hence trying to save a bit of money on the tickets! We were quotes around £1700 for 2 weks of park tickets for Universal and disney! :shocked:

Our girls are 8 and 7 so we thought it was the perfect time. I can't wait either!!!! Hubby went went he was young but I have never been. We took the girls to the Paris Disneyland a few years back but it's not quite the same is it!!!:biglaugh:

if money is tight, please sit and plan what parks you want to visit. I hear so many times from first timers to disney world that they bought to many tickets. The whole od Disney paris can fit in one parks car park in florida. The place is huge in comparison. Also before you buy, as peter advised please look at the dibb. We used that sight for years and saved and learnt loads. Again, more than happy to talk off line via pm or email to help you out. Sorry not being a freak, i love florida so much i even like helping others to plan there trip. If you only take one piece of advice from me, STAY AWAY FROM TRAVEL AGENTS, THEY RIP YOU OFF AND WILL OVER SELL TICKETS. Oh and a great read is, a brits guide to orlando, you can get it in most wh smifs.

Gaz do you think Disney is still doable from Adelaide or are you going to try HK Disney?
to be honest, we have ended our florida dreams, hard to say because we love it there and have some woderful memories from there. We have not even considered looking at it as a option so cannot help. As for disney hong kong, not sure, might do, but sshhhhh dont let the wife know, she looks on here at times. She thinks now the kids are older we will be doing more beach holidays.....not on your nelly i say

Guest tandcmum

lucky you, have a great time, we have been twice and love it, we are supposed to be going for 3 weeks in October this year ut thats a bit dependednt on our whole emigration plans now as I'm pretty sure we can't afford Florida and Oz :(

Ah we love Disney and been 6 times with our 2.

We went in 2009 and just did Disney for 2 weeks as we got a good deal with a disney hotel FREE food and 14 ticket for teh price of 7 days. We went August and it was BUSY:mad: But we still loved it.

We are thinking that when we move to OZ we might do Disney enroute (if this is possible?) as I'm sure we won't get there again from OZ!!!

Enjoy the kids will love it.:clown-smile:

I've been there 7 times in the last 10 years with my last visit being last October by way of a farewell as we knew we wouldn't be able to go there from oz. If you're planning to stop off on your way as you emigrate call sta travel they do a travel hopper (a type if found the world) ticket which worked out a lot cheaper to go via LA than doubling back.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk