gr8leo87

Hi, I thought we should have thread for HR applicants time line because their time lines are radically different from non HR applicants because of their lengthy internal/external checks.

I applied in January 2010. Got CO in March and medical requests and form 80 request.

And my application is now under external checks since I don't know 8-10 months may be.

What's the update with you other HR applicant guys?

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for your post. I lodged 01/09/2010 and got CO 15/12/2010 2 months ago my CO said all internal checks initiated. Nobody can tell me what internal checks are. What does your CO say about your application ?

I will email my CO next month

Regards

Thanks for your post. I lodged 01/09/2010 and got CO 15/12/2010 2 months ago my CO said all internal checks initiated. Nobody can tell me what internal checks are. What does your CO say about your application ?

I will email my CO next month

Regards

Internal checks are the checks done by DIAC to verify the integrity of your claims through verification of documents, interview of your employer etc.

According to my CO in september or october all internal checks were completed on my application and she was to waiting to hear about my external checks. Its been quite sometime since.

In January '11, i inquired again only to find out i had a different case officer and that my application was still under internal/external check. And that i should now email them after 3 months to inquire about the status.

Internal checks are the checks done by DIAC to verify the integrity of your claims through verification of documents, interview of your employer etc.

According to my CO in september or october all internal checks were completed on my application and she was to waiting to hear about my external checks. Its been quite sometime since.

In January '11, i inquired again only to find out i had a different case officer and that my application was still under internal/external check. And that i should now email them after 3 months to inquire about the status.

How long did it take to complete your internal checks ? This is the email she has sent

Thank you for your email in relation to your visa application under

Australia's General Skilled Migration program.

We are seeking to process your application as soon as possible. You will

appreciate, however, that all non-citizens applying for visas to enter

Australia are considered on an individual basis and against legal

requirements set out in Australia's migration legislation. This often

includes requirements that all applicants undertake and meet character

and national security checks that are undertaken by other agencies,

which can take some time.

All required internal checks have been initiated, however the timing for

the completion of these checks varies from one case to another depending

on individual circumstances. Unfortunately, I am unable to provide you

with a definitive timeframe for finalisation of your application as

cases take many months to finalise.

I will follow up the status of your application on a regular basis to

ensure it is being processed as soon as practicable and have updated

checklists which I have access t

How long did it take to complete your internal checks ? This is the email she has sent

Thank you for your email in relation to your visa application under

Australia's General Skilled Migration program.

We are seeking to process your application as soon as possible. You will

appreciate, however, that all non-citizens applying for visas to enter

Australia are considered on an individual basis and against legal

requirements set out in Australia's migration legislation. This often

includes requirements that all applicants undertake and meet character

and national security checks that are undertaken by other agencies,

which can take some time.

All required internal checks have been initiated, however the timing for

the completion of these checks varies from one case to another depending

on individual circumstances. Unfortunately, I am unable to provide you

with a definitive timeframe for finalisation of your application as

cases take many months to finalise.

I will follow up the status of your application on a regular basis to

ensure it is being processed as soon as practicable and have updated

checklists which I have access t

this appears like a generic response and it seems like ur case officer has used internal check as a generic term for both internal and external checks. Usually though it is my understanding that internal checks precede external checks. Once they are satisfied with your (most of the) internal check they forward ur information for external checks.

The national security and character checks are definitely external. So probably after a while ur application would be externally checked.

You should give a 45-60 days break between ur status enquiries, i suggest. When did u last email?

this appears like a generic response and it seems like ur case officer has used internal check as a generic term for both internal and external checks. Usually though it is my understanding that internal checks precede external checks. Once they are satisfied with your (most of the) internal check they forward ur information for external checks.

The national security and character checks are definitely external. So probably after a while ur application would be externally checked.

You should give a 45-60 days break between ur status enquiries, i suggest. When did u last email?

Thanks for your response. I inquired on 25 Jan 2011 but I sent an email to my CO 01 March 2011 to inform him of a change in my address but did not ask anything about my application.

Regards

Guest guest41018
Hi, I thought we should have thread for HR applicants time line because their time lines are radically different from non HR applicants because of their lengthy internal/external checks.

I applied in January 2010. Got CO in March and medical requests and form 80 request.

And my application is now under external checks since I don't know 8-10 months may be.

What's the update with you other HR applicant guys?

Our MA recently contacted our CO and learned that security checks have been going on since January 2010. We contacted IGIS in November 2010, but were given the standard non-answer. Incidentally we're both UK residents/nationals, but my wife was born in an HR country and hasn't been resident there for approximately 30 years (left aged 5) like the rest of her family.

As all of you may be aware, IGIS oversees/reviews the activity of ASIO, but given what appears to be the rather indifferent response/approach taken by IGIS and given that we are not aware of whether IGIS are actually doing anything from their standard response, does anybody know who oversees IGIS or holds IGIS to account ? IGIS is supposed to be an independent office, but appears to be doing little to deal with the concerns of applicants over the time taken for these assessments.

Guest triumph01

Is the online status of your application changed to "Internal Checks initiated" or something like this?

Since I lodged (May-10)my application the current status is "Met" against all the documents except the form 80 , which is not shown there & that of medical/ PCC is outstanding but i wasn't asked by my CO for medicals or PCC.

Regards,

Our MA recently contacted our CO and learned that security checks have been going on since January 2010. We contacted IGIS in November 2010, but were given the standard non-answer. Incidentally we're both UK residents/nationals, but my wife was born in an HR country and hasn't been resident there for approximately 30 years (left aged 5) like the rest of her family.

As all of you may be aware, IGIS oversees/reviews the activity of ASIO, but given what appears to be the rather indifferent response/approach taken by IGIS and given that we are not aware of whether IGIS are actually doing anything from their standard response, does anybody know who oversees IGIS or holds IGIS to account ? IGIS is supposed to be an independent office, but appears to be doing little to deal with the concerns of applicants over the time taken for these assessments.

I think Ombudsmen or Minister would be the person to contact. I have read your case on forum, I thought you were in contact with Gill and she was drafting an email for you guys?

Gill = Gollywobbler.. i can't see her on forums anymore though.

What happened to that?

Is the online status of your application changed to "Internal Checks initiated" or something like this?

Since I lodged (May-10)my application the current status is "Met" against all the documents except the form 80 , which is not shown there & that of medical/ PCC is outstanding but i wasn't asked by my CO for medicals or PCC.

Regards,

Have you had a contact with CO asking what's the status of your application?

How long has it been?

Form80 doesn't turn to MET can mean that your application is under external checks.

Hi,we are from South Africa and had employment verification done afer all docs changed to MET.

Hi I'm from Tunisia ,application lodged on 01/03/2010-Co 31/01/2011 and had employment veirification on 03/03/2011,last week I had a call from the australian embassy, they wanted more information about my qualification....haven't heard nothing till now:mad: but at least I know that there is a progress (specific work exp and evidence of overseas qualification are still requested but Form 80 is MET:biggrin:)

Hello All ....

Please Note my details ..

Nationality = Pakistani (V high Risk)

Visa Applied = 03/10/2009 (Act Sponsored NON MODL/NON CSL)

CO = 17/11/2010

Form 80 Request = 17/11/2010

Form 80 Sent = 30/11/2010

Document Status = All changed to MET except FORM80 as REQUESTED

Medicals/PCC = waiting for request

Nio Change in Online Status since 17/11/2010

Guest jigarercivil

HI me too..

I am from India... Got CO on 14th Feb.. everything met.. except medical.. waiting for finalized ....:biggrin:

I think India has not the same status as HR countries. External checks of applicants from India takes no more than 4 months.

On the other hand, external checks may take 12 months or more for some of the HR countries.

Guest jigarercivil

Might be true because one Indian guy got visa just 5 days... MY form 80 & work exp MET since first day.. RIght now I cant inquire my file status to CO because she already requested for med/PCC.. and now only Medical remain to finalized so hope I can get good news within 2 weeks :cute:

I think India has not the same status as HR countries. External checks of applicants from India takes no more than 4 months.

On the other hand, external checks may take 12 months or more for some of the HR countries.

Hi guys,

I am from INDIA and Cat-3 applicant. Got CO on 20th OCT she requested FORM 80 and other employment documents, which i have submitted within 10 days. Than after no any movement with my visa application. It is five month of CO allocation and i am still waiting for medical and pcc request. also i am waiting for my job verification call.

all my documents show "received" on online status. no any change in online status since 2008 . My CO from team-2.

Wow!!...5 days is super awesome,if you are saying visa appliation lodged,Day zero and Visa grant on day 5!?!?!...must be a flash in the pan!..lol

Might be true because one Indian guy got visa just 5 days... MY form 80 & work exp MET since first day.. RIght now I cant inquire my file status to CO because she already requested for med/PCC.. and now only Medical remain to finalized so hope I can get good news within 2 weeks :cute:

Yes that's right. India and Sri Lanka among the south east asian countries have the least lengthy external checks, so it appears.

I saw a sri lankan applicant getting grants soon after CO allocation. Even though SRL is an HR country.

Guest jigarercivil

I was talking about you.. you got visa in 5 days after getting CO:jiggy:

Wow!!...5 days is super awesome,if you are saying visa appliation lodged,Day zero and Visa grant on day 5!?!?!...must be a flash in the pan!..lol