Can you take fridge freezer to Oz???

Guest kaylee25

Guest kaylee25

Been reading a book about migrating to Australia and it says "it is illegal to import fridge freezers" ??? Has anyone else heard anything like this? I was planning on taking mine

Thanks Kaylee x

Guest siamsusie
Been reading a book about migrating to Australia and it says "it is illegal to import fridge freezers" ??? Has anyone else heard anything like this? I was planning on taking mine

Thanks Kaylee x

I did Kaylee with no issues.

Guest kaylee25

Thank you both for your help. I was sure I'd read that other people had taken there's with them. I'm very attached to mine as it has ice maker and filtered water lol x

Thanks Kaylee x

I think I have the same book, I thought it was a bit odd when I read it in mine.

Thanks Kaylee x

It depends how old your Fridge is - if it's pre 1990 or something (possibly 1980s?) it will have CFCs in it, and you can't import them apparently, but anything newer than that will be CFC free and fine - certainly anything post 2000, and probably a long time before that.

Guest wendyd

Hi You Must Dry Out Fridge Completly ,A Tip Fill A Pop Sock With Coffee Granauls Leave in The Fridge For Shippment The Coffee Will Absorbe Any Moisture And When It Reaches Oz It Will Be Smelling Dandy Hope This Helps !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi You Must Dry Out Fridge Completly ,A Tip Fill A Pop Sock With Coffee Granauls Leave in The Fridge For Shippment The Coffee Will Absorbe Any Moisture And When It Reaches Oz It Will Be Smelling Dandy Hope This Helps !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Like i, this is one tip i must remember. Thanks

• 2 years later...

Unless it's a big fridge freezer I would get rid and get a new one when you're here. One of the best things we ever bought was a huge fridge freezer with a water and ice dispenser. Brilliant in summer, it has a massive ice bucket. The kids have never been big on fizzy drinks and we all drink loads of water. Great for whacking loads of ice in a drink bottle before trips to the beach.